The Student Room Group

Combining different exam boards

Hello so here is the situation:
I think I have 100% in both C3 and C4.
Though in further mathematics I think I didn't do so well in some of the applied modules.
Further mathematics and mathematics are on 2 different exam boards.
Am I able to combine some applied modules from my mathematics with further mathematics?
Since right now I am between A or B for further mathematics.
If I could switch around a few modules I could be guaranteed an A in further mathematics.
Is there any way to combine modules from different exam boards?
If so, how would i go about doing this?

Thanks
Original post by Zenarthra
Hello so here is the situation:
I think I have 100% in both C3 and C4.
Though in further mathematics I think I didn't do so well in some of the applied modules.
Further mathematics and mathematics are on 2 different exam boards.
Am I able to combine some applied modules from my mathematics with further mathematics?
Since right now I am between A or B for further mathematics.
If I could switch around a few modules I could be guaranteed an A in further mathematics.

Thanks

You should talk to the exams officer who has entered you for further maths.
My best guess is that it won't be possible to mix and match

Edit: this isn't a common question so it may be useful to others if you post the answer you get from your exams officer

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I think there is yes. I am doing Maths with CCEA and FM with EDEXCEL and my applied modules are able to be moved around to give me the highest marks.
Original post by Zenarthra

Thanks

I've taught Further Maths with one board to students taking Maths with a different board several times, and know of no way to benefit from swapping modules. If you find otherwise, please let me know! The school has to certify to the board awarding Further Maths that a suitable maths A level has been achieved and that there is no duplication in applied modules.

Quick Reply

Latest