Criminology and Criminal psychology at Greenwich Uni?

Watch
Deb.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello everyone,
I got an offer for the Criminology and Criminal psychology course starting in September 2015.
I attended the open day and I was quite impressed, the campus and the area look really nice, and the talks were interesting.
I just wanted to know more from students who are attending/attended this course, for example how much importance is given to psychology, if there's any activity like crime scene investigation, if there's any practice at all or it's all theory.
Also, any opinion about the campus in general would be amazing, like how is it during winter time, when you have to jump from one building to another and the weather doesn't really help you.
Thank you in advance for any reply!
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deb.)
Hello everyone,
I got an offer for the Criminology and Criminal psychology course starting in September 2015.
I attended the open day and I was quite impressed, the campus and the area look really nice, and the talks were interesting.
I just wanted to know more from students who are attending/attended this course, for example how much importance is given to psychology, if there's any activity like crime scene investigation, if there's any practice at all or it's all theory.
Also, any opinion about the campus in general would be amazing, like how is it during winter time, when you have to jump from one building to another and the weather doesn't really help you.
Thank you in advance for any reply!
http://www2.gre.ac.uk/study/courses/ug/cri/mc98

Click on full time and it shows you all the modules (content). I can see two compulsory third year forensic psychology modules. One module does say practice. In my experience of studying criminology it is a lot more theory than anything else, but that's my course.
Deb.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I did check on the website already, but I just wanted to hear from students who actually attended the course.
I am asking these questions because I attended two other open days in two other unis who offered me a place, and whilst one was only theory like yours, the other one offered more practice as well.
xorobynepps
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deb.)
I did check on the website already, but I just wanted to hear from students who actually attended the course.
I am asking these questions because I attended two other open days in two other unis who offered me a place, and whilst one was only theory like yours, the other one offered more practice as well.
Hey, I am studying Criminology and Criminal Psychology and i loved it. Wed= did four modules, Understanding Deviance (which is alot like sociology but so interesting), Foundations of Criminology (the basics to how Criminology came about), Forensic Criminology (which was very much Crime Scene Investigation based!) and Introduction to Psychology (which was all the basics to Psychology and then we developed it further).

I hope this helps!
Also I have a facebook page for freshers, feel free to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/355404187986341/
and add me on facebook for other questions, ROBYN EPPS
Underapapermoon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Leonie, Maria, and that police officer guy for forensics eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed