The Student Room Group

Can someone help me explain this synthesis pls

Could some please help me explain the synthesis of this drug haloperidol?
I've got to do a presentation on it tomorrow and don't understand much of it at all.image.jpg
Original post by Theawkwardone01
Could some please help me explain the synthesis of this drug haloperidol?
I've got to do a presentation on it tomorrow and don't understand much of it at all.image.jpg

i would suggest you research the mechanisms for each stage.
ive tried but there doesn't seem to be anything
ive tried but there doesn't seem to be anything

I think JM means that you should identify the nature of the process at each stage and look at the mechanisms ...
Would you be able to help me name them, so I can look them up?

I'm not a named reaction encyclopedia. I'd have to do the same research you need to do to find the name of these reactions. Also try finding the original paper reporting the synthesis. Examiners aren't creative and tend to just nab syntheses they've read in the literature.
You should have access to programmes such as reaxys through your uni.
Original post by JMaydom
I'm not a named reaction encyclopedia. I'd have to do the same research you need to do to find the name of these reactions. Also try finding the original paper reporting the synthesis. Examiners aren't creative and tend to just nab syntheses they've read in the literature.
You should have access to programmes such as reaxys through your uni.

Look, i've got a bit of free time to have a stab at the mech but you can defo do the 3rd step... that's some pretty simple 1st year organic and the last step is trivial.
Okay, I've done it now, thanks anyway :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:. And it went alright:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest