The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Mitigation

Hi guys
I did struggle with my dissertation for my final year, I achieved an overal mark of 55% which is a 2:2, here's my issue when my supervisor went through my dissertation she advised me to take out 1st person talk which I did within the main body, but when it came to my recommendations and conclusion I writ in 1st person assuming that as I was giving my own opinion I could write in 1st person, I even showed her my recommendations and conclusion before hand and she never mentioned anything.

so I was really confused when receiving my feedback that she picked up on that, why didnt she mention it when I showed her my work.

I also suffer from severe dyslexia and dyspraxia and also suffer from anxiety which affects my work but I was receiving help at the time however they werent the ones to be marking my work. Can I file for a late mitigation?
Original post by chriscyprus
Hi guys
I did struggle with my dissertation for my final year, I achieved an overal mark of 55% which is a 2:2, here's my issue when my supervisor went through my dissertation she advised me to take out 1st person talk which I did within the main body, but when it came to my recommendations and conclusion I writ in 1st person assuming that as I was giving my own opinion I could write in 1st person, I even showed her my recommendations and conclusion before hand and she never mentioned anything.

so I was really confused when receiving my feedback that she picked up on that, why didnt she mention it when I showed her my work.

I also suffer from severe dyslexia and dyspraxia and also suffer from anxiety which affects my work but I was receiving help at the time however they werent the ones to be marking my work. Can I file for a late mitigation?

If you re were already receiving help, most unis have a rule that you cant appeal on the basis on dyslexia and dyspraxia (well mine does, although they have a specfic marking criteria that ignores spelling and grammar so theres nothing to appeal on anway).

I guess it depends how much help the uni feels your dissertation supervisor was supposed to give, unless they directly gave you wrong advice then i m not sure they ll allow an appeal. can you speak to your course leader and she if they feel its worth going for it?
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
thanks for replying! personally I dont think my University does that much in regards to learning difficulties, dont get me wrong im not thick lol but it usually takes me longer to understand things but once I have im at my game, I just feel hard done by my supervisor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending