username1194172
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do universities check to see if you have actually completed particular work experience/voluntary work if you have mentioned it in your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Louisss)
Do universities check to see if you have actually completed particular work experience/voluntary work if you have mentioned it in your personal statement?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't lie on your personal statement. They're probably not going to actually ring up the person you claim to have done work experience with but if you have an interview and they ask you about your experience, it will probably be pretty obvious that you've made it up. I once heard an excellent talk by an admissions tutor and they said, "Don't lie on your personal statement. If you're in an interview, I can absolutely guarantee you that the very first question will be about the thing you lied about. Why? Because it's the only interesting thing you've written".
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Louisss)
Posted from TSR Mobile
for some subjects yes they will.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (287)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed