The Student Room Group

I can help answer any questions on a House of Fraser interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine152
If you go onto their website or type in House of Fraser jobs on Google then it will bring up a page that will show you all the different jobs at HoF in your area. Then you can choose one that is best for you if there is any that you like then just apply online from there😊

Cool.
Hi there OP, I got an email inviting me to the assessment centre after passing the video interview. How would I know if it's going to be a group interview or a 1:1? They said it's a "competency based interview lasting up to an hour". I had emailed them to enquire but they still haven't responded. I only have 24 hours to prepare. Thanks.
£6.75ph😊

Hi! Thanks a lot for this thread and the other thread that you posted. It helped me get the job! I was wondering, when asked about salary expectations assuming that you are under 21, did you ask for £6.75 or do they pay the same for all ages?
Hi :smile: I'm trying to prepare for an online interview but unsure how to answer the question "Previous Experience?" as I have had no experience working with customers and am unsure how to answer the question?
Thanks so so much for your help !! Congrats on the job x
Hi! I recently got a video interview for hof and this information has been life saving! I was just wondering if you remember what you answered for "why are you right for this job?" As I am a bit confused on how to answer it, thanks!
I'm considering applying for a christmas temp position, does anyone know if the interview process is different for this? thanks :smile:
Reply 46
Just had my online interview, I hope I get through to the next round! The questions were:

Can you tell us about your previous job role
How would you provide a VIP service to a customer
What would you say are your best skills when interacting with a customer
Situation where you have dealt with a difficult customer
Describe your availability and the hours you can do
Hey, I'm going to the assessment centre on Tuesday. Please could someone give me advice on what to expect and what questions may come up in the 1-to-1 interview.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank youuu
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Hi, I have been invited to an assessment centre with House of Fraser and I'm really nervous. What can I expect to happen? What questions would they be likely to ask? I assume it's a group interview and I've been told it lasts two hours. Would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you.
I have a face to face interview for administration assistant at house of Fraser. What questions would they ask?
Reply 50
If anyone has already had an interview of some sort with House of Fraser, how long did it take them to email or phone you back saying if you were successful of unsuccessful?
Reply 51
Original post by Nicolarobertson
Hi! I recently got a video interview for hof and this information has been life saving! I was just wondering if you remember what you answered for "why are you right for this job?" As I am a bit confused on how to answer it, thanks!

Hi, I've had a video interview with House of Fraser and for that question I pretty much just talked about skills I have such a good communication skills etc, and how if a customer where to approach me and ask me a question I would always be friendly and understanding and try my very best to provide them with suitable solutions meeting their needs. I said a bit more than that but hope this helps in giving you an idea of what to say Hope this helps you. Good luck!
How would you provide a VIP Service to our customers? What do I say to this
I need help I'm doing my video interview
Reply 54
hey, just got asked to an online interview which I'm going to do tomorrow but just wondering what happens after that? I know there is a group interview and a 1 to 1 interview but any tips??
Reply 55
Yeah I'm assuming you mean the video interview? If so I had one of these also! Basically you have to video yourself answering four questions with ten seconds to think of an answer and around a minute to answer it. It's really simple actually and takes about five minutes but it's just really awkward and uncomfortable(well that's how I felt anyway). After this I got a phone call one day later asking to come into store for a one to one interview.
The question I got are along the lines of this:
How would you provide a VIP service?
Previous experience?
How have you dealt with a difficult customer and over come this?
Why are you right for the job?
Just answer honestly and sound like you know what you are talking about, you only have one shot at getting it right so make it worth while! You will be fine, good luck👍🏼hope this helps😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm about to do my HoF video interview, what did you mean by previous experience? In regards to what or just generally? Is that all the question says? You're really helpful, thank you :smile:
Hi! I just wanted to know how do I dress for the interview. I have one tomorrow and thought about maybe wearing black skinny jeans and black mid heel boots and maybe a nice top and black coat would that be acceptable
Reply 57
Hi . I recently applied for HOF JOB. I never did a video online interview. they got back to me asking to go to one of thier assessment centres for a group interview / one to one interview straight afterwards. But I don’t weather I got the job yet or not AM STILL WAITING!. do they call or email you to say weather you got the job ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending