shakila.azimi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am going to be going to Sixth Form next year and i am going to be studying Chemistry at AS. I know that it will be very challenging and wanted to get extra revision done before we start. So i was wondering if anyone could give me a very good suggestion of what student book i should get to be able to get the best revision done. My exam board is Edexcel by the way.

I have seen a few suggests of these books and whether i should get them or not.

1. Edexcel Chemistry for AS, 2008 by Graham Hill and Andrew Hunt
2. Edexcel AS Chemistry Student Book: With Active Book, 2009, by Ann Fullick and Bob McDuell
3. George Facer's AS Chemistry book

Or any other ones that you might know.

Thank you in advance
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
NineTailedFox
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shakila.azimi)
2. Edexcel AS Chemistry Student Book: With Active Book, 2009, by Ann Fullick and Bob McDuell
Get 1 and 3. They cover each other pretty well and 3 helps a lot with the practical side, which you need to know for exams.
I had a version of 2 without the active book and it is so useless, it was too basic and had some serious mistakes in it.
fizzers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shakila.azimi)
I am going to be going to Sixth Form next year and i am going to be studying Chemistry at AS. I know that it will be very challenging and wanted to get extra revision done before we start. So i was wondering if anyone could give me a very good suggestion of what student book i should get to be able to get the best revision done. My exam board is Edexcel by the way.

I have seen a few suggests of these books and whether i should get them or not.

Or any other ones that you might know.

Thank you in advance
I had no. 2 but literally did not even touch it once throughout my course- is your school going to lend you one?

If you're only looking to revise/ read up on some topics, I would suggest not getting any of those and instead just to read through bits on chemguide.co.uk (I had personally read up on electronic configuration, orbitals etc. in the summer after GCSEs and found that beneficial). If you really need a physical copy of something, I would suggest getting the Edexcel revision guide- I didn't like it too much myself but most people find it very useful. It summarises all the topics well but doesn't explain too much (think: mark points only) so I would read somewhere else as to supplement the text.

I'm doing the Edexcel course and should be on track to get good grades in August (hopefully).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed