The Student Room Group

Valyrian's Bucket List (Good luck me lol)

So since I am incredibly bored I have decided to let y'all know my bucket list plans for this summer:
:woohoo: Valyrian's Bucket List! :woohoo:
1. Acquire a permanent German penpal
I haven't managed to bag myself a proper German penpal as I seem to always lose contact with them after 1 or 2 weeks of talking, and so it can keep my German in tip top shape and learn swaggers slang :smile:

2. To tell mostly everyone I'm friends with how lucky I am to have them and appreciate them for being there for me
To be honest, as a person, I am pretty insensitive and don't generally dilly dally around with emotions and publicly announcing it - so being more open with my feels will perhaps give me a peace of mind this summer!

3. Properly knit
Pretty self explanatory :lol:

4. Host a summer BBQ after my birthday on August 8th
I've never hosted a BBQ with my friends so it would be nice to have a get together without getting TOO drunk!

5. Go to a wetherspoons and order all of the alcoholic drinks on the menu
Because I can :u:

6. Plant something in my garden that isn't my chewing gum or banana peels
I hate gardening with a passion but perhaps it'll bring out the 'green touch' in me

7. Take a selfie of me everyday for the summer (maybe)
Just to see if I've matured over the summer at all considering I look like a 12 year old presently :lol:

8. Buy a gym membership and go 2 times a week
Something that I've been needing to do forever as I eat too much crap but do not exercise that much, and I've got to tone my fat arse somehow!

9. Try sea food because I've never been that fond of it :lol:

10. Put a message in a bottle and let it go in the sea
It'll be a really nice message and I hope someone finds it later in life and reads it :smile:

11. Learn Mandarin
As it's also very important and will definitely help me at University - I've put off the idea for years but now I am going to make sure that it happens

12. Achieve 200 subscribers on Youtube
I have 160 Ish right now, so hopefully with regular vlog videos I hopefully will be able to get there eventually!
(www.youtube.com/suelingyling)

13. Go to a festival
Because that kind of stuff is in fashion, no?

14. Kiss someone properly this summer
A drunken kiss at a party apparently doesn't count!

15. Try Geocaching
Because it looks absolutely freaking awesome

16. Go to the bookies and bet on a race/football match/game
Because I can use the liberty of being of age to do those kinda things

17. Attempt to meet up with friends that I have never seen outside of school
It's really difficult for me to muster up the energy and effort to meet someone outside school - so that will be interesting

18. Tidy my room
Absolutely quintessential :lol:

I think that's all but if I think of any I'll edit it :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Valyrian
So since I am incredibly bored I have decided to let y'all know my bucket list plans for this summer:
:woohoo: Valyrian's Bucket List! :woohoo:

5. Go to a wetherspoons and order all of the alcoholic drinks on the menu
Because I can :u:

Good luck with the pitchers! :colonhash:
Reply 2
Original post by Novascope
Good luck with the pitchers! :colonhash:

Is that because you're certain I'll get myself totally wrecked :wink:?
Reply 3
Okay so I'm just posting here to verify that 18 has been done (Tidy my room)

So I realised how long I've been putting this aside for - nearly a whole year! And since school is over I can no longer use it as an excuse so I thought I'd crack down on it today

Before:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of my shelf thingy but I tidied that up as well :lol:

AFTER:

Spoiler

Spoiler

And I'll add my shelf - It was really cluttered before with random pieces of paper and what not but I tried to make it look more orderly:

Spoiler

I reckon it's the best I can do for now but considering I started at like 5 and I've finished like 10 mins ago - it's not too shabby!

Keeping y'all updated

Val
Reply 4
UPDATE: 15 has been COMPLETED!! (Try Geocaching)

I was so excited to do this and I have the app and everything, and I was so astounded by how many geocaches there are around my area (over 100!) and so I was so shocked when I realised that one was right near to where I worked, on a bench, so I quickly took the opportunity before going to work and doing boring invoiced and accountancy stuff! It was a small box attached by a magnet on the underside of the bench and It took quite a lot of squabbling to find it but I managed to avoid any muggles (normal people) from wondering what I was doing - Geocaching is definitely going to be my hobby for this summer!

This is what it looked like: (Keep in mind I had to be stealthy and quick)
11694299_829517237102924_2143265982_n.jpg
Reply 5
UPDATE: 15 has been COMPLETED!! (Try Geocaching)

I was so excited to do this and I have the app and everything, and I was so astounded by how many geocaches there are around my area (over 100!) and so I was so shocked when I realised that one was right near to where I worked, on a bench, so I quickly took the opportunity before going to work and doing boring invoiced and accountancy stuff! It was a small box attached by a magnet on the underside of the bench and It took quite a lot of squabbling to find it but I managed to avoid any muggles (normal people) from wondering what I was doing - Geocaching is definitely going to be my hobby for this summer!

This is what it looked like: (Keep in mind I had to be stealthy and quick)
11694299_829517237102924_2143265982_n.jpg

Well done on completing something else off your list :smile: I really want to give Geocaching a go, as well - it looks like something I'd be interested in.
Reply 6
Original post by lustawny
Well done on completing something else off your list :smile: I really want to give Geocaching a go, as well - it looks like something I'd be interested in doing.

Thanks! I was literally so excited to find this thing that I spent at least 2 hours on the geocach app looking for things near me, so I thought id cease the moment :lol: go for it! It's so satisfying when you find it and it's also great exercise as you have to be v stealthy :tongue:
but I managed to avoid any muggles (normal people) from wondering what I was doing

:laugh: out of rep :angry:

But yeah I need to do it as well and cross it off my list, my sisters did it once but I couldn't be bothered to go along with them...it was during study leave tbf
Reply 8
Original post by yelllowribbon
:laugh: out of rep :angry:

But yeah I need to do it as well and cross it off my list, my sisters did it once but I couldn't be bothered to go along with them...it was during study leave tbf

You won't regret it, it's so fun! I wonder how many there are in central London alone :O
You won't regret it, it's so fun! I wonder how many there are in central London alone :O

Downloaded the app as well, just by looking at the map on there there are loaaaaaaaaads!
Reply 10
UPDATE: #2 is now complete but will probably do more cuz it makes other people happy :~0

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

So, I sent this last night as you can see (they're pretty big pictures so sorry for anyone viewing them :lol: ) and they're not intricately long because I've been very ill the past few days with some illness that I DON'T have a clue what it is, but I tried, but I guess the main message is that they know that I love them, and after all, they're squad and always be squad :cool: , so I've done 3 things this week - An achievement! I hope I get better quick so I can do more!

UNTIL NEXT TIME :biggrin:
Reply 11
UPDATE: #3 IS NOW UNDERWAY

So I started knitting the other day and I've already reached about 12 rows, just another 100 or so to go :lol:

It's with burgundy yarn but I'm not too sure what the needle size is but I bought it from the Haberdashery area in Tudor Williams so I guess it should be fulfilling it's purpose as a knitting needle! My piece so far has tonnes of holes in it but I'm not gonna give up!
Gotta keep on going :lol:

Spoiler

Reply 12
BLOG UPDATE:

#11 is underway - Learn Mandarin

So I've started using this App called ChineseSkill and it's basically like DuoLingo but exclusively tailored for those wanting to learn Mandarin. It's a flawless app and it's fast and really useful!

The only downside is that it doesn't actually teach you anything and therefore it would be beneficial if you have a grasp of that and/or speak Cantonese
OH another downside is that it asks you to write out the characters in Chinese and this would be very hard for people who have no knowledge of it, let me show you an example:

Spoiler

Since I can speak Cantonese it wasn't much trouble learning and and memorising stuff but the pronunciation is very, VERY different to Cantonese! In my eyes I see Mandarin as French in terms of speaking (very effeminate) whereas Cantonese is more like German as it is a very shouty, passive aggressive language :lol:

So I've been doing it every day for the past week and all is going well!

Pictures:

The main screen

Spoiler

You have so many interesting things in your bedroom :wink:
Reply 14
You have so many interesting things in your bedroom :wink:

I do! I need to chuck out a lot before I go to university :lol:

What kind of things did you notice?
I do! I need to chuck out a lot before I go to university :lol:

What kind of things did you notice?

Your Electabuzz drawing and Game Boy Original immediately caught my eye - so many happy memories of playing Pokémon Red! :daydreaming:
Reply 16
Your Electabuzz drawing and Game Boy Original immediately caught my eye - so many happy memories of playing Pokémon Red! :daydreaming:

Oh yeah, I'm an avid gamer and I also have my collection of rare pokemon and yu gi oh cards haha
Oh yeah, I'm an avid gamer and I also have my collection of rare pokemon and yu gi oh cards haha

The Elite Four on Pokémon Red were a bitch, weren't they? :lol: :tongue:
Reply 18
The Elite Four on Pokémon Red were a bitch, weren't they? :lol: :tongue:

Nah it's my fave ever man
Nah it's my fave ever man

It was a great game, but the fact I could never get past the Elite Four used to piss me off so much when I was like 6 or 7. This was before I'd even discovered the Missingno cheat! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest