Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's your main source of ID for age? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    In London they don't usually accept the provisional driving licence unless it's accompanied by the paper thing.
    I've never seen that. I've used my provisional fine in loads of clubs in London ranging from places like Chinawhite to places like Hombres and have got in every time.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone just use the "I don't speak english" approach?

ReputationRep:
    A 'card for the purchase of discounted railway tickets' is acceptable. As young persons rail card has 2 parts, icnluding a photographic one. It costs atbout £19 and gets you 1/3 off all fares - except first class (excluding virgin value first). The best thing is that I was enever asked for proof of my birthday when I bought mine- but maby that's beacuse the BR staff at my station were lazy/couldn't care less!
    HTH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fobelg)
    Belgiums the best for drinking caus the legal age for beer 16 but no one really cares how old you are.
    Actually in the Uk it is legal for parents to give alcohol to children over 5 in their own homes. Below 5 alcohol can be given if advised by a doctor for a medical reason and written documentation should be obtained from the Dr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Where's Fluffy? I want to make an ageist joke
    ...my wrinkles and zimmer frame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    your student card says your date of birth..so if you look young your screwed. if you look old the probably will just glance at the card.

love Katy ***
    Swansea's doesn't, and nor does Oxford's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    ...my wrinkles and zimmer frame
    You know me too well

ReputationRep:
    OK, then I guess the next time I go out with my relatives or friends which includes a drinking session, I might as well just bring my passport. It's not like I go out everyday anyways!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.