HELP Work Experience for BTEC Health and Social Level 3 ?

Watch
tazi786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,I am 17 years old and have completed a year doing BTEC Appiled Science Level 3, however it wasn't for me, but in September i am moving to BTEC Health and Social Level 3 and it requires a placement. I was wondering what sort of work experience would be suitable, as i am thinking of continuing into Social Work in the future. As i stated i am 17, and i was thinking previously of applying either into a Children's Residential Home or at a secondary school where i can work with older children who have learning difficulties for example as it would relate to social work where you are working with children with different backgrounds. Anyway i would be grateful if anyone could tell me if there is a certain age to be able to work at a Children's Residential Home, and also other alternative places i could get experience from which could benefit me.Thank You.
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Maybe your local primary school or nursery.
tazi786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by 08Mercyf)
Maybe your local primary school or nursery.
Hi there, thanks for replying. I did work experience in Year 10 and that was at the local primary school in the nursery section, i enjoyed it a lot however, i was looking for something more where i am working with older children from different backgrounds such as a care home for children however i dont know if there is a certain age you have to be.
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tazi786)
Hi there, thanks for replying. I did work experience in Year 10 and that was at the local primary school in the nursery section, i enjoyed it a lot however, i was looking for something more where i am working with older children from different backgrounds such as a care home for children however i dont know if there is a certain age you have to be.
Tbh, I am not sure so why not go to these places directly and ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (48)
24.62%
Less motivated (147)
75.38%

Watched Threads