What does a stereotypical Eastern European woman look like...?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
ser00
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Quite random, but basically I'm a waitress, and not one day has gone by without someone asking if I'm from Eastern Europe. Yesterday someone nearly fell over when I spoke to answer his question and my south-east British accent came out.

Before working in the restaurant I have never been told this before, so at first assumed it was people's stereotypical views of restaurant workers coming through, but my Polish co-worker strongly agreed with them haha, and said she was originally very surprised to hear my accent.

I am white, quite slim, with brown curly hair (that I wear tied up at work) and hazel eyes, and have Scottish heritage. What does a stereotypical Eastern European person look like, and is this a good or bad thing that people keep asking this!!?
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Very pale white skin, coloured blue/green eyes, distinct pointy nose- distinct compared to western europeans and straight pure hair- Many I've seen dye their hair black as dark ink
jshep000
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Name:  kek.jpg
Views: 3474
Size:  98.2 KB
Carpe Vinum
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I get that a lot too, people think I'm either Polish or Russian (I have Hungarian and British heritage). But I'm blonde with blue/green eyes, very pale skin and freckles :lol:
The Warsmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Blonde hair, blue eyes, round, ferrety face?

Kids, I'm eastern European by birth myself, yet I look nothing like my native people.

I just look Canadian
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Take it as a compliment.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ser00)
Quite random, but basically I'm a waitress, and not one day has gone by without someone asking if I'm from Eastern Europe. Yesterday someone nearly fell over when I spoke to answer his question and my south-east British accent came out.
Before working in the restaurant I have never been told this before, so at first assumed it was people's stereotypical views of restaurant workers coming through, but my Polish co-worker strongly agreed with them haha, and said she was originally very surprised to hear my accent.
I am white, quite slim, with brown curly hair (that I wear tied up at work) and hazel eyes, and have Scottish heritage. What does a stereotypical Eastern European person look like, and is this a good or bad thing that people keep asking this!!?
It means you're hawt.
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

Do you look like one of the women from one of the eastern European countries?
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
lets make one
ser00
Rep:
(Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
Blonde hair, blue eyes, round, ferrety face?
Kids, I'm eastern European by birth myself, yet I look nothing like my native people.
I just look Canadian
(Original post by Josb)
It means you're hawt.

slight contradiction lol

Name:  smexy ferret.jpg
Views: 3046
Size:  64.1 KB
Josb
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ser00)
slight contradiction lol
Name:  smexy ferret.jpg
Views: 3046
Size:  64.1 KB
Post a pic to be sure.
mm14
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Josb)
Post a pic to be sure.
cheeky
Sam Walters
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Better than a stereotypical English woman that's for sure.
Need2Study4Exam
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I am Eastern European (pure)
and no one has even said I look foreign or anything like that. People assume I'm English.
Josb
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Need2Study4Exam)
I am Eastern European (pure)
and no one has even said I look foreign or anything like that. People assume I'm English.
That's because the Eastern European male stereotype is terrible.
ser00
Rep:
(Original post by Josb)
Post a pic to be sure.
But apparently I have a ferret face, so nahh
Brittanydes30
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
That's so weird I am 89% eastern European and 11% Irish....grey blue eyes ,brown hair thats wavy
Last edited by Brittanydes30; 2 years ago
Kdunn7105
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I thought I was Irish but I went on ancestry dna and I’m 70% Eastern European .....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
20.83%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
16.67%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
8.33%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
29.17%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
20.83%

Watched Threads