Unusual pain during period

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
For the past 2/3 years now whenever my period starts I get pain in my rectum and wondered if anyone else also experiences this.

Whenever I try to pass stool I get a sharp shooting pain up my back and a sharp tingling like pain in my lower abdomen and bum area, it is possible to pass stool but its very very painful. I'm someone with quite a good pain tolerance but I've often had to do breathing exercises and shout out during this.

Also, it can hurt to sit down around that area, a very quick sharp pain like I guess you would feel if you touched a small wound, and often the sharp shooting pain every now and then, it also hurts down in the bum area when I sneeze or cough too.

I suffer from bloating and constipation (but not too badly, I can still go and don't need to take medicine) in my every day life but these specific things only happen on my period.

Does anyone else get the same? Or have any suggestions as to what is happening.
Bbashy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yep I've had that. Tbf I think it is quite normal as loads of my other friends have mentioned it too lol

Keith Lemon calls it 'shooty arse' 🙊🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I get this with every period. I get it both when I am pooing and then just randomly too. Its like an electric shock up the bum or a giant needle going up. Only lasts a few seconds but its horrible. I used to get it when I was ovulating too but now I'm on the pill, I only get it when I bleed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1445222
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah sometimes getting contraceptive lessens the symptoms but then not always. It helped to regulate my period but then I get wicked cramps on the first day but it's a small price to pay to be blood free for more than a week in a month.

For a few of my friends it shortened their period length and also got rid of cramps, so it depends really. But it's worth a try

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm already on the pill sadly, it regulated my periods a bit more but they're still the same
Annoynomous1998
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For the past 2/3 years now whenever my period starts I get pain in my rectum and wondered if anyone else also experiences this.

Whenever I try to pass stool I get a sharp shooting pain up my back and a sharp tingling like pain in my lower abdomen and bum area, it is possible to pass stool but its very very painful. I'm someone with quite a good pain tolerance but I've often had to do breathing exercises and shout out during this.

Also, it can hurt to sit down around that area, a very quick sharp pain like I guess you would feel if you touched a small wound, and often the sharp shooting pain every now and then, it also hurts down in the bum area when I sneeze or cough too.

I suffer from bloating and constipation (but not too badly, I can still go and don't need to take medicine) in my every day life but these specific things only happen on my period.

Does anyone else get the same? Or have any suggestions as to what is happening.
Hi I know this is old however I’m experiencing shootings pains up my bum for the first time and so I’m worried .
I’m 22 female and I’m due on my period . In fact I think I’m slightly late . Did you get the shooting pains when you were actually on your period or before or after . Do you think that could be the cause in my case ?
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads