Need help Watch

This discussion is closed.
skinny
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have just chosen my options for GCSE - however there is a subject i no longer want to do and i wish to change it to a different subject - music. Could you please let me know if this is possible cos i am desperate to change.
thank you!
skinny
anyone?
Nylex
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ask your school..
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you haven't actually started the course, then there shouldn't be a problem, and even if you have, I know some people cho changed their choices several months into their GCSE course. However, it depends on your school, as it could be also, that e.g. the class you want to go into is already full, in which case they wouldn't let you do it.
The best thing to do though, is that once your sure you want to change, contact your school ASAP.

Good Luck

Phil
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would have thought that they would allow you to do it as you havn't yet started year 10...it depends whether you can change things round into the right option blocks so that you still have all the other subjects you wanted.
I would suggest you go to talk to the person who is in charge of the options/timetabling etc etc -for my school that is our deputy head.
You may have to get a letter from both teachers (from the subject who would have been teaching you and the one you will be getting if the change is 'ok-ed') saying that it is alright for you to make this change.
It may also depend on the size of the class that you will be moving into, as if it is already too big they might not want another student in the class.

My friend has recently decided he also wants to change subjects and has set things in motion. I don't know what's happening with that but we'll soon see.

Anyway goodluck

Egan

P.S Make sure you're completely sure you want to change as once you do I daresay they wont be willing to change it again. My sister did music too, and I think it was quite tough but if you're good at it (composing and listening etc etc) then go for it
skinny
i really want to do music now because i play guitar and i have done for around a year now - at first i thought media studies sounded great but i have changed my mind. I will get in touch with my head of on tuesday (i go to alton towers monday) and ill let u know how it goes.
once again thanks for all your support
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads