The Student Room Group

Speedcubing

Sorry I dont know where to post this as the sport and gaming/tech forums didnt quite seem appropriate ( so please move thread if necessary)

Anyway- Im learning 1LOLL and 1LPLL ( 1 look) and aftewards will learn CFOP F2L as currantly I only know Hahn F2L as taught by Dan Brown (pogobat) on youtube lol

I am wondering about learning advanced techniques because my TPS is low, for example Winter Variation, COLL and this other thing I found on youtube.
WV sounds worthwhile as it gives an automatic OLL skip.( what is Summer Variation?- I heard it exists)
But COLL I am.not so sure about. It gives an EPLL (why would anybody in their right mind want this anyway!?) and only a 1/12 chance of a PLL skip.
But something on youtube gave a PLL skip immediately (see post below for link)
I.just want to know what this LL step is called and if there is a cheat sheet with all the algs on.
Id love any comments or advice thanks!
Reply 2
Also what is the best speedcube and lube?
And are any ZBLLs worth learning?
if you are willing to learn ZBLS than better learn ZBLL. if you do not learn ZBLS, you will only use ZBLL 1/8 times. you could forget some algs as there are over 300. If you want a good speedcube, get a GAN 11M and see how you like it. If you like it a lot you can buy a GAN 12 maglev.
anyone else totally in the dark here ? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest