Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3766427.stm

I have just come across this article.

Seeing as there seems to be an increasing number of Chinese members on this forum, I would be curious to discuss this article with them.

What do you think about Tiananmen?

Do you think that when Zhao dies, there might be similar revolts?

What do you think about the nature of the Chinese regime?

P.s. Considering this is an extremely sensitive issue, I call upon all those who participate in this thread to refrain from insulting other members and generally do all they can to keep the atmosphere cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)

Seeing as there seems to be an increasing number of Chinese members on this forum, I would be curious to discuss this article with them.

P.s. Considering this is an extremely sensitive issue, I call upon all those who participate in this thread to refrain from insulting other members and generally do all they can to keep the atmosphere cool.
    Not being Chinese, I can't exactly give an accurate prediction. However, Ihave been to China and found it to be the most beautiful country in the world, with *genuinely* the nicest people I have ever met.

I make it one of my lifetime ambitions to be in China for when the Council falls.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from China.
    What you called "tiananmen event " ,we name it as "6.4 event".
    About the cause of this historical event is very complex.china's regime is not only a small or direct cause of this event.Some historical relations and international circumstance are also main factors.
    Sorry for my poor English ,i just can't explain my full opinon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    I'm from China.
    About the cause of this historical event is very complex.china's regime is not only a small or direct cause of this event.Some historical relations and international circumstance are also main factors.
    Spoken like a true indoctrinated Marxist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    I'm from China.
    Why "6.4 event"? What does "6.4" mean? What does it refer to?

By the way, are allowed in China to surf the internet freely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Spoken like a true indoctrinated Marxist!
    Haha ,thanks!! But i fail in my Marxisizium exam last term~~

ReputationRep:

I did when I was in China. But I only went on to check the Stockport County scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    Haha ,thanks!! But i fail in my Marxisizium exam last term~~
    What's a Marxisizium exam? Do you have to take exams about your knowledge of Marxism?

ReputationRep:

I'm hoping they won't be big revolts because china's developed so much since the cultural revolution.

I admittedly don't approve of the chinese regime, I don't think restrictions on the media (national or foreign) are fair, and I dislike the restrictions on personal speech, people are scared to criticise the ruling party.

Then again, it's impossible to instal democracy in china at the moment, due to the growing rift between the rich and poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I did when I was in China. But I only went on to check the Stockport County scores.
    Have you checked the PM I sent you?

ReputationRep:

Nope. Government bans sites that are offensive to the chinese culture and government :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Of course yes !!
    Oh god it seems that China is still in the middle age in european's eyes

"6.4" is a time "4th june 1989",when the summit of "tiananmen event" started.
    A bloody conflict broke out between the students and the army~~~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    Of course yes !!
    Oh god it seems that China is still in the middle age in european's eyes

"6.4" is a time "4th june 1989",when the summit of "tiananmen event" started.
    A bloody conflict broke out between the students and the army~~~
    Okay, I understand now. Thanks.

About the internet: I heard stories like internet access was restricted and censored in China. For instance, can you visit Chinese dissidents webpages?

ReputationRep:
    What's a Marxisizium exam? Do you have to take exams about your knowledge of Marxism?
    Yes how pity we are !!!!!!!!
    And this course is somewhat boring and tedious,i have no interest in it at all.
    So i only got 57 and failed~~~~~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    I'm hoping they won't be big revolts because china's developed so much since the cultural revolution.

I admittedly don't approve of the chinese regime, I don't think restrictions on the media (national or foreign) are fair, and I dislike the restrictions on personal speech, people are scared to criticise the ruling party.

Then again, it's impossible to instal democracy in china at the moment, due to the growing rift between the rich and poor.
    Support~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    Yes how pity we are !!!!!!!!
    And this course is somewhat boring and tedious,i have no interest in it at all.
    So i only got 57 and failed~~~~~
    I think you can actually take some pride in that you failed such an exam. It goes to show that you are an open mind and that you are not receptive for indoctrination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    Support~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    What do you mean when you say "~~~~~"?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I understand now. Thanks.

About the internet: I heard stories like internet access was restricted and censored in China. For instance, can you visit Chinese dissidents webpages?

No ,maybe that is because i don't know the website~~~
    you have some ???

ReputationRep:
    I think you can actually take some pride in that you failed such an exam. It goes to show that you are an open mind and that you are not receptive for indoctrination.
    or that you have no knowledge of the beast you wish to fight...

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3766023.stm
    The links in the "see also" part are also interesting.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.