Mohit_C
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have to start preparing my A level Spanish Oral very soon, and I need help on some topics to chose on. I was told by my teacher that it shouldn't be anything related with my AS level Spanish Oral. For my AS I talked about Violence in general (including all the different types). Is there any good website for topics to choose from? That has nothing to do with violence?

Thanks.
generalebriety
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, you have to talk about something contentious. I'm doing French and German A-level, and I'm talking about euthanasia, if that helps. I know people who are talking about speed limits on the motorway, animal rights..
kellywood_5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, it has to be something controversial that you can be clearly for/against and argue your point of view with the examiner. I did the death penalty for French.
paddy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gay marriage? That's quite controversial in Spain right?
If you do Euthanasia you could refer to Mar Adentro which was based on a true story and was very controversial in Spain (also look into the book he wrote called Cartas desde el Infierno).
Mohit_C
Rep:
?
Hmm, I could try Euthanasia. Any more ideas ppl?
Mohit_C
Rep:
?
I've chosen Euthanasia in the end. Any good sites for facts on Euthanasia, IN SPAIN?
leannemarie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did Edexcel Spanish last year and I did euthanasia. My facts didn't have to be about Spain so I just got them from non-spanish sources but maybe it has changed.
Mohit_C
Rep:
?
Well, I was told it really HAS to relate to Spain. I tried looking around for newspapers, at least 4 or 5, but can't find any.
leannemarie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/socie...lpepisoc_8/Tes
Mohit_C
Rep:
?
Cheers for that one!
Mohit_C
Rep:
?
Can anyone tell me briefly what the movie is about? What conflict was raised about it?
Llamaaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well there was a really good writer who was paralysed from the neck down and so writes with a pen in his mouth. He campaigns to be allowed to die and to have someone help him die without being prosecuted for murder, but he loses. In the end he dies with the help of someone. The whole thing was documented in a diary/novel that he wrote.

it was controversial in spain because as a largely catholic country they do not approve of taking another's life, even if they ask you to do it because only god has the right to give life and to take it away. So to have the taking of someone's life on the big screen and shown in a highly sympathetic way was a bit of a shock for them.

hope this help isn't too late for you checkk out the film info on www.imdb.com if you need more
Mohit_C
Rep:
?
No, not too late at all. Still have one month to prepare for the oral. Thanks there, saved my time.
rielala
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey,

I'm preparing for this one too - is yours on the 27th/28th as well? Mine's in favour of banning adverts that promote alcoholic drinks.

Anyway, the reason I'm replying is to let you know that it really doesn't have to relate to Spain. It has to be a debate in Spanish, obviously, but you can use facts about your topic sources from any country to support your argument. There's no maybe about this - if your teacher has said otherwise then... well, to put it bluntly they're wrong. It would be a plus perhaps if you can include some facts on your topic sourced from Spain in your argument, but it's not a necessity.

Hope this makes it easier I'm currently crapping myself as I have done next to nothing on this. :eek3:
Diabla
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
God, I'm panicking about this.
robclarke
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For the first part of the A2 oral, there is absolutely no need for any reference to be made to an Hispanic country as it's an argument for/against an issue, but the second part must focus on some contemporary aspect of the Hispanic world.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads