Turn on thread page Beta

eye pain watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    my eye hurts. it also looks ive been smacked in the eyepiece.

the lid on the left eye is swollen a bit, and theres some tenderness around hte eyelashes (its all red, like someones been trying to pull my eyelashes out). touching the lid or blinking hurts a bit, and sometimes a more intense pain comes (bearable, though) for a few seconds.

any ideas what this is? serious? treatment?

danke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)

the lid on the left eye is swollen a bit, and theres some tenderness around hte eyelashes (its all red, like someones been trying to pull my eyelashes out). touching the lid or blinking hurts a bit, and sometimes a more intense pain comes (bearable, though) for a few seconds.

danke!
    No more eye spy, I suppose. Probably for the best, I'd seriously go and consult a GP (that is, if you can get an appointment, these days!)

ReputationRep:

danke!
    Sounds like you've got a stye. Not sure how to get rid though - ask at the pharmacy. You might have to just wait til it goes away, should be a couple/three days...
    I've had this before - they hurt more than they should. Hope you're not in too much pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Sounds like you've got a stye. Not sure how to get rid though - ask at the pharmacy. You might have to just wait til it goes away, should be a couple/three days...
    I've had this before - they hurt more than they should. Hope you're not in too much pain.
    googling this, it sounds about right. very good! not serious then. i was scared that my eyeball might drop out or something. i mean, if that did happen i COULD keep it in a glass jar on my desk but it wouldnt be as useful as in my eye socket, eh.

ReputationRep:
    googling this, it sounds about right. very good! not serious then. i was scared that my eyeball might drop out or something. i mean, if that did happen i COULD keep it in a glass jar on my desk but it wouldnt be as useful as in my eye socket, eh.
    Glad I could help (even if it wasn't very much help!!). I think they're triggered by tiredness/stress, have you got a lot on at the mo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Glad I could help (even if it wasn't very much help!!). I think they're triggered by tiredness/stress, have you got a lot on at the mo?
    not really. exam stress i guess.

last night i rolled over and lay face down on my pillow, it started hurting then. i think i may have poked my eye in the night or something. it might have cut the skin and then got infected or something.

ReputationRep:
    not really. exam stress i guess.

last night i rolled over and lay face down on my pillow, it started hurting then. i think i may have poked my eye in the night or something. it might have cut the skin and then got infected or something.
    Ooh. Doesn't sound nice. Try a nice cool eye pack (or a wet flannel!) to soothe it a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Ooh. Doesn't sound nice. Try a nice cool eye pack (or a wet flannel!) to soothe it a bit.
    google said it would be better to have a warm pack. ah ill try both later on. thanks again

ReputationRep:
    google said it would be better to have a warm pack. ah ill try both later on. thanks again
    No worries. :cool:

ReputationRep:

danke!
    gt exactly the sane thing 10days ago i went to the farmacist n they gave mee that thing to putin my eye! it relaly worked

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.