The Student Room Group

School leaver programme or University?

My question is, if i decide to do the school leaver programme, what will be the effects in the long term? can i still be employed at other companies with just an ACCA qualification? Is there possibilities of progression within the firm?

If i apply for a job with just an ACCA, and someone else applies with a university degree and an ACCA, I would have less of a chance right?
So in the long term will it be worth going to University for future job prospects or can an ACCA qualification take me just as far as a degree. As i have heard that employers value ACCA more, but is this always the case?
Original post by mariarose_
My question is, if i decide to do the school leaver programme, what will be the effects in the long term? can i still be employed at other companies with just an ACCA qualification? Is there possibilities of progression within the firm?

If i apply for a job with just an ACCA, and someone else applies with a university degree and an ACCA, I would have less of a chance right?
So in the long term will it be worth going to University for future job prospects or can an ACCA qualification take me just as far as a degree. As i have heard that employers value ACCA more, but is this always the case?

Hi Mariarose,

My suggestion would be to look at the training contract you would have and ask about progression within the company, if this is for a prospective employer maybe send a question via e-mail.

If you are applying for external jobs with just your ACCA qualification and have completed a training contract you will also have valuable work experience, have a look at current job descriptions and what employers require as it can vary.

I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending