EPQ advice please! Watch

hannolivia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm starting my EPQ in September but I've been told to think of ideas for it over the summer. I want to go into medicine (first choice) or criminology / criminal psychology / forensics / forensic pathology (second choice) at university! I'll be studying medicine and then at the end of it decided whether I want to be a doctor or a forensic pathologist (since both require a degree in medicine).

HOWEVER!!! I am stuck for what to make my question for my EPQ! It should be medicine related since that's what I'm studying at university however I'll be studying medicine for 6 years so I want to make this EPQ related to criminology stuff as it's my other passion.

So far I'm thinking of answering a question something along the lines of "What can you tell about the psychological state of a criminal from a crime scene?" (wording is kinda clunky I know).

That would tie in with criminology and forensics of course but I'm not sure how closely I could relate it to medicine. Does anyone have any ideas? I planned on talking about what we can tell from the blood splatter, the weapon, the crime scene, the victim patterns, the organisation, etc, and maybe then I could talk about what you can tell about the mental state of the criminal (slightly medicine related?), but I'm not sure if that would tie in very strongly with medicine?

Any advice or ideas?
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
ambeya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hannolivia)
I'm starting my EPQ in September but I've been told to think of ideas for it over the summer. I want to go into medicine (first choice) or criminology / criminal psychology / forensics / forensic pathology (second choice) at university! I'll be studying medicine and then at the end of it decided whether I want to be a doctor or a forensic pathologist (since both require a degree in medicine).

HOWEVER!!! I am stuck for what to make my question for my EPQ! It should be medicine related since that's what I'm studying at university however I'll be studying medicine for 6 years so I want to make this EPQ related to criminology stuff as it's my other passion.

So far I'm thinking of answering a question something along the lines of "What can you tell about the psychological state of a criminal from a crime scene?" (wording is kinda clunky I know).

That would tie in with criminology and forensics of course but I'm not sure how closely I could relate it to medicine. Does anyone have any ideas? I planned on talking about what we can tell from the blood splatter, the weapon, the crime scene, the victim patterns, the organisation, etc, and maybe then I could talk about what you can tell about the mental state of the criminal (slightly medicine related?), but I'm not sure if that would tie in very strongly with medicine?

Any advice or ideas?
Hey, I did EPQ a few years ago when I was going Alevels. But mine was related to philosophy, politics and Economics. A lot of the other students who done EPQ had applied for medicine. I know someone who did their EPQ on stem cells and another who related science and psychology by doing a study on insanity. I think you're question right now is interesting but is not steered towards medicine. More psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
emilywood99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hannolivia)

Any advice or ideas?
Hello, I know this is an old post but I was just wondering what you did your epq on in the end? I am currently having this same dilemma! Thanks
unillama
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To what extent is the combined use of ipilimumab and nivolumab in cancer treatment viable
To What Extent does Research in Space Benefit Health of the Musculoskeletal System on Earth
Is It Ethical To Fluoridate Our Nation’s Water Supplies?
To what extent do mass extinctions prevent evolution?
What alternative legislation could be implemented to replace the ban on all performance enhancing drug use in sport?
The Potential Applications of Reoviruses within Medicine 2013
HOW IS THE SCHMALLENBERG VIRUS AFFECTING LIVESTOCK FARMS IN THE UK
Does a 24 week foetus feel pain?
Application of Archaea
Embyonic Stell Cells
Ethical Guidelines Restricted Medical Treatments
Malaria and Global Warming
Stem cells
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads