MulRiyami
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys

So basically I want to know when universities reply back to confirm if you have a place at their uni or not. Do universities reply back right after IB results? Weeks later? Or during A Level results day? I honestly don't want to wait another month just to see if I have a place or not. Anyone has any idea?
amorrison
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MulRiyami)
Hey guys

So basically I want to know when universities reply back to confirm if you have a place at their uni or not. Do universities reply back right after IB results? Weeks later? Or during A Level results day? I honestly don't want to wait another month just to see if I have a place or not. Anyone has any idea?
As long as you have the grades they asked, just sit back and relax. Because if that's the case, the university is obligated to accept you.
username1256732
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MulRiyami)
Hey guys

I've just finished my first year at university so I can tell you from experience that this can vary depending on your situation.

So UCAS Track shuts down for approx. 1 week on the lead up to results. Very few people received any confirmation during this time however some universities sent 'Welcome' e-mails.

The case with most successful (and unsuccessful) candidates is that UCAS Track will be updated with universities decisions on results day (most seemed to be in the morning so a lot of people knew before receiving results).

In my case, my university did not process a formal decision until 2 days after results day, however this was due to me missing my grades for the course I originally applied to narrowly then going through adjustment to change to a different course at the same university.

Essentially, in both the best and worst case scenarios, you will find out within a few days either side of results day.

Good luck to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads