The Student Room Group

Subject Choice

So I've just finished my AS exams and I am going into year 13, about to apply for a university.
This year I took AS exams in Maths, Physics, Classics, and Psychology.
I want to do mechanical engineering at a good university (e.g Bath), and currently I really don't want to continue with classics.
In terms of my UCAS application, would it look better to take up AS further maths and drop classics (meaning I'd have 3 A2s and 2 AS's) or should I continue with the 4 A2s, despite classics being completely irellevant to the course I plan to apply for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by -Bex-
So I've just finished my AS exams and I am going into year 13, about to apply for a university.
This year I took AS exams in Maths, Physics, Classics, and Psychology.
I want to do mechanical engineering at a good university (e.g Bath), and currently I really don't want to continue with classics.
In terms of my UCAS application, would it look better to take up AS further maths and drop classics (meaning I'd have 3 A2s and 2 AS's) or should I continue with the 4 A2s, despite classics being completely irellevant to the course I plan to apply for?

I would suggest phoning the unis you want to apply to and check with them to be sure but i thi.k if you dont enjoy classics you would be better with further maths and make sure your 3 A levels are the grades you need.

Quick Reply

Latest