The Student Room Group

Cut them out of life

Was with someone for a long period of time and wasn't the easiest of relationships, but was happy considering what we had. They broke up with me for reasons why we "couldn't be together" and was an emotionally-filled break up. We've remained friends but can tell my feelings aren't going and everything they say about the future angers me because it feels like the break up was a long-term plan.

It's hurting like hell, can't be with them yet can't be without them in my life. Not sure whether to cut them out like we had done before we'd even got together. I only know that I am feeling like absolute **** knowing that I'm nothing anymore
Reply 1
I'm really sorry this. I'll try and give you some (hopefully good!) advice.

First of all, about the comment that you're nothing anymore, I understand why you feel that. As you said, you were in a relationship for a long time so you're bound to feel as if you've had a big part of yourself ripped away, but, as difficult as it may be, you'll need to recognise your worth. You're not determined by someone else. Try and be kind to yourself. If you meant the nothing comment in a sense of you have nothing now, do you have family and friends?

If it is hurting you so much, I'd suggest trying to distance yourself from them as much as possible. I did it and that, combined with time, have helped me get other them completely. I can think of them and feel nothing.

Good luck with things x
You will continue to hurt as long as you are near her. She's your ex now, keep your distance or feel the pain. Time will help you get over her, being near her wont help x
Reply 3
Original post by Cordelina
I'm really sorry this. I'll try and give you some (hopefully good!) advice.

First of all, about the comment that you're nothing anymore, I understand why you feel that. As you said, you were in a relationship for a long time so you're bound to feel as if you've had a big part of yourself ripped away, but, as difficult as it may be, you'll need to recognise your worth. You're not determined by someone else. Try and be kind to yourself. If you meant the nothing comment in a sense of you have nothing now, do you have family and friends?

If it is hurting you so much, I'd suggest trying to distance yourself from them as much as possible. I did it and that, combined with time, have helped me get other them completely. I can think of them and feel nothing.

Good luck with things x

Well ironically about a week after, gossip and lies reached to my friendship group which meant I also have no friends now either. And me and my family have never been close, they don't know majority of things that happen in my life so to an extent it seems easy to feel as if I have nothing but also have no importance to others lives

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending