Can I do most degrees with these A Levels Watch

jammy223
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It was just out of curiosity, because I would like to do either maths, computer science, medicine or physics. I think these a levels would give me the opportunity to any of these and a whole lot more. I haven't made my mind up yet! I know I can't do things like languages or English but thinking about it you can do s lot with these a levels: here:
A level maths + further maths
A level physics, chemistry
As biology
What does everyone think?
Zakmoh15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Al the degrees u listed can be done with these alevels, but u r really classing out any kind of arts courses
Bethaaaaany
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can definitely do the courses you've listed with your A Level choices, however AS biology might be a problem if you choose to do medicine because as far as I remember the majority of universities require biology to A2 - though some do not so it should be alright.
Good choices (though very intense, you're brave!)
GABates
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jammy223)
It was just out of curiosity, because I would like to do either maths, computer science, medicine or physics. I think these a levels would give me the opportunity to any of these and a whole lot more. I haven't made my mind up yet! I know I can't do things like languages or English but thinking about it you can do s lot with these a levels: here:
As biology
You'll definitely be able to get on any of the courses you listed there with these A Levels. Although, if Computer Science is a key level of interest then I'd consider taking on some sort of A Level computing course.
mjrd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jammy223)
As biology
You might need full A level biology for medicine. You may want to think about doing computer studies A level instead of chem or biol if you want to go down that route.
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PTHumphreys)
You'll definitely be able to get on any of the courses you listed there with these A Levels. Although, if Computer Science is a key level of interest then I'd consider taking on some sort of A Level computing course.
A level computing isn't needed for any CS degree so it's unnecessary. It's pretty easy and the AS is dull so there's not much point in doing it except to gauge your own interest I suppose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?