Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i always messed around in french at school and know really regret it, i speak basic french and conversational spanish but would like to be 'fluent' in both does any one have any idea where the best place to learn these would be are the tapes sets any good etc...?

please reply

luv ya all

Nicci

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicci_babe)
    i always messed around in french at school and know really regret it, i speak basic french and conversational spanish but would like to be 'fluent' in both does any one have any idea where the best place to learn these would be are the tapes sets any good etc...?

please reply

luv ya all

Nicci
    go spend sometimes in spain n frnace , it really helps!!

ReputationRep:
    if you can pay for it do some intensive one on one lessons with a person from that country for a few weeks...i did it and my russian improved more in three weeks than in the 7 months that i had been trying to learn it...

going to the country is good as well but its worth being reasonable in the language before you go or it'll have very little effect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    go spend sometimes in spain n frnace , it really helps!!
    yes this would be alot more helpful if i wernt a student who must be in 6thform rather than in a different country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicci_babe)
    yes this would be alot more helpful if i wernt a student who must be in 6thform rather than in a different country.
    Perhaps a holiday during the summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    Perhaps a holiday during the summer?
    i do frequently holiday im spain how ever my problem is tourist holiday places are very english speaking..

thanx anyway..

ReputationRep:
    Try the pimsleur method www.pimsleur.com ...it's really excellent...but expensive (though you can download everything for free with p2p programs..so no worries )
    I downloaded Hebrew for beginners and in about 2 hours I was able to say quite a few basic sentences..
    Try it, it's really popular around the world and pretty effective..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.