The Student Room Group

Britain is at a greater threat from terror attack now than it was at the time of 7/7

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harry734
We sell arms to dangerous countries, have countless 'moments silences' and ostracise members of our communities and live constantly with hatred for others... did you expect things to get better since then? When i say the government not only don't care, but actually want to see the attacks as they will further lead to the being able to profit from conflict, its not a conspiracy, its factual... things will only get worse and worse and if you're not rich, you will NOT be fine as things progress.

despite your obvious ignorance to islam and islamist extremism over the years - i will add to a point you made regarding arms sales- we(UK and West) cannot moan about islamists and then sell arms to islamic government that eventually funel weapons down to their islamist extensions - saudi , pakistan, bahrain, iraq even iran up till recently have all been sold arms from uk companies. in total only north korea i think is the only country we are banned from supplying. its basic knowledge that islamic countries are run by islamists and so should not be armed
Reply 21
Israel's Mossad likely did 7/7 to gain support from both public and government into supporting the war on terror.
Original post by Reformed
despite your obvious ignorance to islam and islamist extremism over the years - i will add to a point you made regarding arms sales- we(UK and West) cannot moan about islamists and then sell arms to islamic government that eventually funel weapons down to their islamist extensions - saudi , pakistan, bahrain, iraq even iran up till recently have all been sold arms from uk companies. in total only north korea i think is the only country we are banned from supplying. its basic knowledge that islamic countries are run by islamists and so should not be armed
yeah I'm saying we need to stop selling arms to extremists. My point is that how can you believe that the government are trying to stop these attacks or even want the attacks t stop when they aren't making any effort to do so when they easily could, its because money is more important. Im not ignorant to islamic extremism but I just see that we are being given scapegoats to keep us distracted whilst money is being made, years ago it was black people, jews, sikhs and more and now its the muslims' turn and in another 50 years we won't even care about it, we'll be too focused on something else, meanwhile though, innocent people on both sides are being slaughtered basically for money and i want that to stop. You going on about islam over the last 1000 years is just you wasting your time and taking the distraction like the people of this country has for years.
So why is it a problem of recent then? coincidently around the time of the iraq war when tony blair and his colleagues made millions...

well stricktly speaking islam became in the forefront for the west when al queda started attackign embassies etc in the region. before that yes they were simply regarded as nutcases doing their thing in their own lands,

tony blairs idea basically gave political capital to islamist recruiters. muslims in uk obviously were seen as easy sheep to recruit using propaganda like iraq
My point is that how can you believe that the government are trying to stop these attacks or even want the attacks t stop when they aren't making any effort to do so when they easily could.

That's a gross and misleading simplification of an incredibly complex situation.
Original post by Drewski
That's a gross and misleading simplification of an incredibly complex situation.
yeah it always is 'very complicated' isn't it? almost like the waters are being muddied. Tax avoidance is also very complicated I'm told, but yet the consistent thing is that life for rich people gets better and better, and worse and worse for poor people, if you as a poor person are happy with that and don't need any change then good luck to you, but i promise you, you will never be rich, however much it feels like anyone can, they can't.
Reply 26
So why is it a problem of recent then? coincidently around the time of the iraq war when tony blair and his colleagues made millions...

Did you miss 9/11, much of the 90s and dozens of other events in the prevous decades to do with Islamic extremism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder how many massacres there would have been if they weren't able to spy on all our communications
Original post by Aj12
Did you miss 9/11, much of the 90s and dozens of other events in the prevous decades to do with Islamic extremism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you miss when the russians were invading muslim countries? and how all islam extremism is a reaction rather than the cause?
Cant any of you read? the UK government is funded by the people who profit, they just want to be in power so they do what the people who fund them want them to do. Politicians saying 'islam is peaceful' is useless because they do nothing to try and actually make people feel this way, they just mutter a few words and people then pick up the sun who say that the Pm needs to be politically correct etc. which fuels it even more, and to the first guy my point about other religions show that the fact that islamic extremism has only become a huge problem in the last decade or so shows that there must be other factors at play and not just because of the violence in religion for the past 100 years, you all need to do some non biased research i think

There were wars with the Roman Empire, the Persian Empire, the Pagan Arabs, Christian Europe, from the moment of Muhammad's death Sunni-Shia violence broke out.
Did you miss when the russians were invading muslim countries? and how all islam extremism is a reaction rather than the cause?

so the West save the afgan and pakistani muslims from russia and their thanks is to attack the west?

islamic extremism is not a 'reaction' as i said take your head from your backside for a few seconds and do some reading - it has its roots in 1300 years of violent islamic wars of attempted conquest. these people are not satisfied with 'driving out russians' they are ultimately intent on making islam a world politicial force, not by trade or intellectualism mind, but by force. hence why you have al queda, IS, and pretty much every islamic groups accross the globe from thailand to canada.

the fact that you only recognise islamic terrorism from 2005 onward shows a level of adolescent ignorance that is also common amoung the uk muslim population
so the West save the afgan and pakistani muslims from russia and their thanks is to attack the west?

islamic extremism is not a 'reaction' as i said take your head from your backside for a few seconds and do some reading - it has its roots in 1300 years of violent islamic wars of attempted conquest. these people are not satisfied with 'driving out russians' they are ultimately intent on making islam a world politicial force, not by trade or intellectualism mind, but by force. hence why you have al queda, IS, and pretty much every islamic groups accross the globe from thailand to canada.

the fact that you only recognise islamic terrorism from 2005 onward shows a level of adolescent ignorance that is also common amoung the uk muslim population
we're going to be going round in circles because you just keep missing my point, until you read what I've said and respond to it, we will get no where.
yeah it always is 'very complicated' isn't it? almost like the waters are being muddied. Tax avoidance is also very complicated I'm told, but yet the consistent thing is that life for rich people gets better and better, and worse and worse for poor people, if you as a poor person are happy with that and don't need any change then good luck to you, but i promise you, you will never be rich, however much it feels like anyone can, they can't.

Ah. I see. You're one of them. And here I was thinking you might actually have a decent conversation. Never mind.
we're going to be going round in circles because you just keep missing my point, until you read what I've said and respond to it, we will get no where.

i did read it and unfortunatly it smack of ignorance- islamist groups have been around a lot longer than 10 years, almost certainly from before you were born , they have been killing and maiming people for all that time - we ignored it when it suited our aims which is deploreable. we cannot ignore it anymore becuase its reached our doorstep. we do not take any responsilbility for the depravity of islamists - they are inspired by their leaders, their quran and hadith, not anything western. and they fight against all non-muslims, in asia, africa and middle east - not just the West. We in fact should have supported our non muslims neighbours against islamists a long time a go and not condoned their activities, more shame us.
i did read it and unfortunatly it smack of ignorance- islamist groups have been around a lot longer than 10 years, almost certainly from before you were born , they have been killing and maiming people for all that time - we ignored it when it suited our aims which is deploreable. we cannot ignore it anymore becuase its reached our doorstep. we do not take any responsilbility for the depravity of islamists - they are inspired by their leaders, their quran and hadith, not anything western. and they fight against all non-muslims, in asia, africa and middle east - not just the West. We in fact should have supported our non muslims neighbours against islamists a long time a go and not condoned their activities, more shame us.
if you genuinely believe this is the case then i worry about this country now more than i did before this conversation started.
Original post by Drewski
Ah. I see. You're one of them. And here I was thinking you might actually have a decent conversation. Never mind.
Haha one of them, sure, what exactly in that post was incorrect?
and just so you know, incorrect and hurt your feelings aren't the same thing :smile:

when did Islamic terrorism start?
if you genuinely believe this is the case then i worry about this country now more than i did before this conversation started.

it is a reality. pick up a book. And extend your google searches to prior 2004 and perhaps youll get a clue

this is a list of (known) islamic terrorism since 1980 -im sure there many more before this too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

youll see the list is so long it would take a while to read through. this is what islamic doctrine has given to the world
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PopaPork
when did Islamic terrorism start?

it is a reality. pick up a book. And extend your google searches to prior 2004 and perhaps youll get a clue

When i said around the last decade i wasn't being literal, but its very recent, relative to how long islam has been around, better?
When i said around the last decade i wasn't being literal, but its very recent, relative to how long islam has been around, better?

last 70 years terrorism has been the trend in islam , prior to that islam inspired killing via wars of conquest and colony - which came to an end few hundred years back when the turks, islams final empire, were defeated. 1300 years of islam has been epitomized by murder and violence -from mohammed first islamic war onto all the next caliphs, right through to IS today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending