Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of taking it next year so what do you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA A English literature

To be honest, eng lit is one of them subjects which depends on teacher. I enjoy it despite the fact i have crap teachers. But i have got a lot of work to get a good grade now! I loved English literature GCSE although It is totally different from GCSE, Have a look on the aqa website and speak to your teachers.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing english as an extra As this year (i'm in my a2 year) it was the best decision i ever made! i absolutely love it... i don;t think it's hugely different from gcse obviously it's a lot more in depth, but u get to debate more and frm ur own opinions rather than being spoon-fed - however the spoon is usually there if u need it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkledust)
    I do AQA A English literature

To be honest, eng lit is one of them subjects which depends on teacher. I enjoy it despite the fact i have crap teachers. But i have got a lot of work to get a good grade now! I loved English literature GCSE although It is totally different from GCSE, Have a look on the aqa website and speak to your teachers.
    I do English lit AS and I have to say that the above comment summarises the experience perfectly. English Lit AS is vastly different from GCSE and requires, in my experience, a lot more work of a thorough nature. Don't be surprised by having to read significant amounts of background info about authors in the 'Texts in Context' section.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should only take english lit. if you enjoy the subject as it takes alot of effort to pick up a book and read it if your not interested.

I do AQA and what we are studying is a novel; play and poetry
    I absolutley hate the novel (Waterland) therefore, i don't know what the book's about, thankfully we get to put notes in our book, if we didn't get to do that then i would probably fail the exam!

ReputationRep:
    The main difference I have found is that in GCSE you can waffle on, and still get a good mark as long as you focus a bit on the words. However, at AS level - if you screw up the focus of the question and drift into thematic dicussion rather than looking at the language on the page - you truely are screwed.

I am finding my novel very difficult to write about in exam conditions, i'm scoring B's / low A's mainly and I can't seem to push past that. If you are good at English Lit for GCSE you will find AS level fine.

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA English Lit and Lang Spec A and its good...we do Chaucer (which is ok) language production (which is good) speech (which is good) and The Wasp Factory (which is rubbish...but you'll teacher will choose the novel so you might do a different one!)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.