The Student Room Group

What careers can I go into with a BA HONS education studies and history degree, other

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place but just wondering what careers I can go into with a BA HONS in education studies and history, other than teaching?

I have an interest in educating or helping children (particularly primary school age) but I am not sure at present if I want to do that in a school setting. I am also developing a growing appreciation for British history (especially the Victorian period) but I am not sure what careers I could use this in?

I have looked at heritage education but the employment seems to be quite short term and most jobs seem to be in London or the bigger cities. As for teaching, I think I could do it but I think it would be hard and although I have enjoyed placements, I think I could end up being very stressed in this line of work and could be working until like 11pm every night, which sounds daunting.

I also have an interest in retail, as I am working in a shop part time now and enjoy that, although currently I wouldn't say that was my career, rather a job. I also like time to myself working in an office or emailing as well as some time interacting with others at work or during tasks.

I would also like a stable career that could go long term without the need to change often if possible.

I just wondered what jobs were out there for my interests and the degree I have and how I get into them and what experience I need/if there are graduate internships I can do and how I go about applying for these?

Thank you for reading :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Historian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending