j.knight58
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

I have a big exam coming up for Macbeth, which will determine my set for Year 10. The thing is, I haven't had a teacher for most of Macbeth studies, which is why I need your help. I have written a practice answer (attached) to the following question below, if you would be able to take a quick look and give me your feedback, I would be very grateful. I forgot the intro at the beginning, so find it at the end instead.

Thanks.

> How Shakespeare presents Macbeth in this extract
> How Macbeth's conscience changes throughout the play

MACBETHI have done the deed. Didst thou not hear a noise?LADY MACBETHI heard the owl scream and the crickets cry.Did not you speak?20MACBETHWhen?LADY MACBETHNow.MACBETHAs I descended?

<a href="http://www.burstnet.com/ads/ad6493a-map.cgi/ns/v=2.3S/sz=300x250A/" target="_top">< img src="http://www.burstnet.com/cgi-bin/ads/ad6493a.cgi/ns/v=2.3S/sz=300x250A/" border="0" alt="Click Here" /></a> LADY MACBETHAy.MACBETHHark!25Who lies i' the second chamber?LADY MACBETHDonalbain.MACBETHThis is a sorry sight.[Looking on his hands]LADY MACBETHA foolish thought, to say a sorry sight.MACBETHThere's one did laugh in's sleep, and one cried30'Murder!'That they did wake each other: I stood and heard them:But they did say their prayers, and address'd themAgain to sleep.LADY MACBETHThere are two lodged together.35MACBETHOne cried 'God bless us!' and 'Amen' the other;As they had seen me with these hangman's hands.Listening their fear, I could not say 'Amen,'When they did say 'God bless us!'LADY MACBETHConsider it not so deeply.40MACBETHBut wherefore could not I pronounce 'Amen'?I had most need of blessing, and 'Amen'Stuck in my throat.LADY MACBETHThese deeds must not be thoughtAfter these ways; so, it will make us mad.45MACBETHMethought I heard a voice cry 'Sleep no more!Macbeth does murder sleep', the innocent sleep,Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,50Chief nourisher in life's feast,--LADY MACBETHWhat do you mean?MACBETHStill it cried 'Sleep no more!' to all the house:'Glamis hath murder'd sleep, and therefore CawdorShall sleep no more; Macbeth shall sleep no more.'55
Attached files
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi

It's obviously pretty difficult to get comments on particular pieces of work in time for your deadline. I had a quick read of this and think you've written it very well considering you are a pre-GCSE student.

If I had to criticise it I would say you could do with paying closer attention to the wording of the tasks - eg using the word 'conscience' more so you focus exactly on that part of the question. Perhaps the answer is a little general??

Overall, I think you'll get into a high set - well done!
ElizabethHere
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by j.knight58)
Hi guys,

I have a big exam coming up for Macbeth, which will determine my set for Year 10. The thing is, I haven't had a teacher for most of Macbeth studies, which is why I need your help. I have written a practice answer (attached) to the following question below, if you would be able to take a quick look and give me your feedback, I would be very grateful. I forgot the intro at the beginning, so find it at the end instead.

Thanks.

> How Shakespeare presents Macbeth in this extract
> How Macbeth's conscience changes throughout the play

MACBETHI have done the deed. Didst thou not hear a noise?LADY MACBETHI heard the owl scream and the crickets cry.Did not you speak?20MACBETHWhen?LADY MACBETHNow.MACBETHAs I descended?

<a href="http://www.burstnet.com/ads/ad6493a-map.cgi/ns/v=2.3S/sz=300x250A/" target="_top">< img src="http://www.burstnet.com/cgi-bin/ads/ad6493a.cgi/ns/v=2.3S/sz=300x250A/" border="0" alt="Click Here" /></a> LADY MACBETHAy.MACBETHHark!25Who lies i' the second chamber?LADY MACBETHDonalbain.MACBETHThis is a sorry sight.[Looking on his hands]LADY MACBETHA foolish thought, to say a sorry sight.MACBETHThere's one did laugh in's sleep, and one cried30'Murder!'That they did wake each other: I stood and heard them:But they did say their prayers, and address'd themAgain to sleep.LADY MACBETHThere are two lodged together.35MACBETHOne cried 'God bless us!' and 'Amen' the other;As they had seen me with these hangman's hands.Listening their fear, I could not say 'Amen,'When they did say 'God bless us!'LADY MACBETHConsider it not so deeply.40MACBETHBut wherefore could not I pronounce 'Amen'?I had most need of blessing, and 'Amen'Stuck in my throat.LADY MACBETHThese deeds must not be thoughtAfter these ways; so, it will make us mad.45MACBETHMethought I heard a voice cry 'Sleep no more!Macbeth does murder sleep', the innocent sleep,Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,50Chief nourisher in life's feast,--LADY MACBETHWhat do you mean?MACBETHStill it cried 'Sleep no more!' to all the house:'Glamis hath murder'd sleep, and therefore CawdorShall sleep no more; Macbeth shall sleep no more.'55
You can try getting some ideas with the help of http://goo.gl/Vz7unT. They give good samples you can work off of. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads