The Student Room Group

I get bored of guys way too easily - help!

I'm a girl, 19, at uni. I've never had a long term relationship, in fact I wouldn't really say I've had one at all - bar a "long distance relationship" when I was 16 which lasted about a month and revived itself the next year for about 3 weeks, a couple "flings" and a non-relationship "arrangement" which lasted a couple months before fizzling out (I got bored of him).

My question is, is this a thing for some people, that you can never be into someone for very long before you get bored and lose all attraction, or is it simply that I've not found a guy/girl that I like enough..?

Personal experiences/ advice/ comments ALL welcome plz xoxoxo

I would anon this but what the hell, for the bants
Reply 1
Original post by bananaminion
I'm a girl, 19, at uni. I've never had a long term relationship, in fact I wouldn't really say I've had one at all - bar a "long distance relationship" when I was 16 which lasted about a month and revived itself the next year for about 3 weeks, a couple "flings" and a non-relationship "arrangement" which lasted a couple months before fizzling out (I got bored of him).

My question is, is this a thing for some people, that you can never be into someone for very long before you get bored and lose all attraction, or is it simply that I've not found a guy/girl that I like enough..?

Why have the previous guys bored you? Have you had any sort of intellectual basis for these trysts? I suspect perhaps not.

The mind is the greatest erogenous zone, and until you find someone who stimulates it, you will get bored. Perhaps you need to consider a broader physical 'type' to obtain this.

Sounds like I'm advocating dating a nerd, lol.
Reply 2
It could be that you just haven't met someone you truly like yet; someone that can actually hold your interest and doesn't make it seem like so much effort to be around. You're still young, so you've got lots more opportunities to meet someone if that's what you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
describe, in intricate, painful, details of the traits of the guys that bore you.. there might be a solution there

i don't care where/how you describe it. i'm just willing to help aha (before you start attacking me with absurd claims)
Reply 4
this is about the personality crap
you just need someone to interest you simply put
go out with guys that you can talk to without getting bored not just for their looks
Original post by Smonnie
Why have the previous guys bored you? Have you had any sort of intellectual basis for these trysts? I suspect perhaps not.

The mind is the greatest erogenous zone, and until you find someone who stimulates it, you will get bored. Perhaps you need to consider a broader physical 'type' to obtain this.

Sounds like I'm advocating dating a nerd, lol.

Original post by ETRC
this is about the personality crap
you just need someone to interest you simply put
go out with guys that you can talk to without getting bored not just for their looks

thanks, this is obvious but for some reason it never crossed my mind. Just to defend myself, I certainly don't only like guys who are David Beckham lookalikes, I would say the last guy was probably, to put it crudely, 5/10. And I've turned down guys who are maybe 8/10 who I just don't like like that.

This is probably it, I've never really ever had an intellectual connection with any of them, though I'd of course have to be attracted to someone at the same time..
Original post by theDanIdentity
describe, in intricate, painful, details of the traits of the guys that bore you.. there might be a solution there

i don't care where/how you describe it. i'm just willing to help aha (before you start attacking me with absurd claims)

It's not really about traits that bore me, it's more that I simply lose interest regardless of the traits I used to find interesting or whatever.
Reply 7
thanks, this is obvious but for some reason it never crossed my mind. Just to defend myself, I certainly don't only like guys who are David Beckham lookalikes, I would say the last guy was probably, to put it crudely, 5/10. And I've turned down guys who are maybe 8/10 who I just don't like like that.

This is probably it, I've never really ever had an intellectual connection with any of them, though I'd of course have to be attracted to someone at the same time..

Nailed it.

So when are you available?
Maybe you still don't really know yourself what you like in a guy. It's all trial and error and experiencing new things - you will know when you find the right person comes along.
Original post by Smonnie
Nailed it.

Smooth :sexface:
Original post by Smonnie
Nailedit.

:perv::pms:

Yep, you're just like me, but I don't think I'd ever like someone enough to want a long-term relationship. All the relationships I've had have been short-term.

I think it's fine - you should never force yourself into making any compromises

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending