Are gay guys who want relationships in the minority?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey everyone,

I have just finished my first year at Uni, and one thing I cannot help but notice is that the majority of gay guys are just interested in sleeping around.

Lesbians from my experience seem far more relationship inclined.

I know that a lot of straight guys do just 'sleep around', but majority of straight guys I know have, or are at least interested in having a girlfriend.

It sucks being in the minority of gay guys who actually are more relationship inclined.

Now some of you may disagree with me, but this is all from my personal experience. I just feel that there is this culture among a large proportion of gay guys which just involves sleeping around.

Opinions please! Any others agree with me?
Anonymous #1
Bump
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey everyone,

I have just finished my first year at Uni, and one thing I cannot help but notice is that the majority of gay guys are just interested in sleeping around.

I know that a lot of straight guys do just 'sleep around', but majority of straight guys I know have, or are at least interested in having a girlfriend.

It sucks being in the minority of gay guys who actually are more relationship inclined.

Now some of you may disagree with me, but this is all from my personal experience. I just feel that there is this culture among a large proportion of gay guys which just involves sleeping around.

There are a significant proportion of gay men, especially on the scene, that only desire casual sex, but there is also a sizeable proportion of gay men who want relationships. I for one prefer relationships.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bump
After 2 minutes? Chill out. :erm:
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The difference is probably the amount of access to casual sex gay guys have. A relationship is a lot more appealing when the alternative is a couple of random shags a year.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
There are a significant proportion of gay men, especially on the scene, that only desire casual sex, but there is also a sizeable proportion of gay men who want relationships. I for one prefer relationships.
I feel that this sizeable proportion are a minority for sure though.

Are you at uni?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mankytoes)
The difference is probably the amount of access to casual sex gay guys have. A relationship is a lot more appealing when the alternative is a couple of random shags a year.
Yes I see what you mean, but gay guys in the minority.
If I go out clubbing with my straight friends, assuming we aren't going to a gay club, the odds of me pulling is incredibly low!

I think straight guys definitely have more access to one nighters, purely because there are more straight girls than gay guys.
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
no
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
After 2 minutes? Chill out. :erm:
I usually bump my threads so they show on the front page quicker
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel that this sizeable proportion are a minority for sure though.

Are you at uni?
No, I graduated 4 years ago.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
Hey everyone,

I understand what you mean. perhapsy ou could look at online dating? From my very brief experience, a lot of men there are after soerthing meaningful
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I see what you mean, but gay guys in the minority.
If I go out clubbing with my straight friends, assuming we aren't going to a gay club, the odds of me pulling is incredibly low!

I think straight guys definitely have more access to one nighters, purely because there are more straight girls than gay guys.
I mean with Grindr and stuff, obviously in a straight club there are more straight girls, but I know gauge guys have access to pretty much unlimited random sex if they want it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mankytoes)
I mean with Grindr and stuff, obviously in a straight club there are more straight girls, but I know gauge guys have access to pretty much unlimited random sex if they want it.
Fair enough I see your point. Don't see why people would want to live like that though. Random hook-ups on an app!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed