The Student Room Group

Grade 8 Vocals?

Hey, so I'm in year 12 doing AS's at the moment and next year I'm going to start applying to uni's but some of them want grade 8 in your instrument, but I've never really done all of the grade stuff before. As far as I'm aware for grade 8 vocals you only need to learn a few songs and perform them but do you have to do all the previous grades beforehand or can you go straight on to doing grade 8?
Thanks.
Original post by Lostthelyrics
Hey, so I'm in year 12 doing AS's at the moment and next year I'm going to start applying to uni's but some of them want grade 8 in your instrument, but I've never really done all of the grade stuff before. As far as I'm aware for grade 8 vocals you only need to learn a few songs and perform them but do you have to do all the previous grades beforehand or can you go straight on to doing grade 8?
Thanks.

Hi!

If you're doing it with ABRSM, you have to do Grade 5 Theory first, and then do Grade 8 singing.
I've only just seem this thread but it's possible to do grade 8 vocals with rockschool with no previous grades. It includes scales and aural tests as would any other music grade.

Quick Reply

Latest