The Student Room Group

Religion

Is there a religion where if the a man is not genetically the father of his 'child' he will disown the child?
If so what is the religion?
There probably is, considering the number of religions that exist, including those we now consider mythological (Greek, Roman, Mesopotamian, Assyrian, Egyptian etc)
I have no idea, I'm working on probability

Out of interest, why do you ask? If you are not genetically related to a child that you have raised, I would say that you are entirely within your rights to disown the child, since you have no tangible connection to it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I ask because it's for my theory of knowledge course work, I need evidence for it otherwise my coursework won't be complete :smile:
Original post by JessCombe12
I ask because it's for my theory of knowledge course work, I need evidence for it otherwise my coursework won't be complete :smile:

Ah ok. Good luck finding what you need to then, i cant really help.
Genetics is a 'relatively' new field of science, so only the most modern will likely have some teachings on a parent's genetic relationship to the children. Try looking at the Church of Cannabis/the THC Ministry (they're the same thing), The Church of Invisible Pink Unicorns, Pastafarianism and Scientology (not sure about this one) to see if their tenets have anything of value to you
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

in Islam, the 'father' wouldn't disown the child but will bring the child up as he would his own, but will give the child the real fathers surname instead of his own.

the same applies if the child is biologically his but was conceived out of wedlock, in such a case the child will adopt the mothers name as his surname as the child is not considered legally as his.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending