Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hmmm what do you guys think watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from one of my mates back in the Uk and hes absolutley gutted, he found out that his girlfriend had an abortion three weeks ago without even telling him that she was pregnant, he would have supported her whatever her decidion he says but he is devastated he was never told

Im all in favour of women having the right to choose and I do believe that they ultimately have the right to make the decision whatever the opinion of the guy but she wasnt right to just go ahead and do it without even speaking to him...was she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    I just got an email from one of my mates back in the Uk and hes absolutley gutted, he found out that his girlfriend had an abortion three weeks ago without even telling him that she was pregnant, he would have supported her whatever her decidion he says but he is devastated he was never told

Im all in favour of women having the right to choose and I do believe that they ultimately have the right to make the decision whatever the opinion of the guy but she wasnt right to just go ahead and do it without even speaking to him...was she?
    I think that she has the right to do what she did.
    It isn't ideal, or very nice to the bloke, but I think that she is in entitled to do so.

ReputationRep:
    If she was his girlfriend, then I think she should have really told him as there should be an element of trust in a relationship.

Although, looking from her prospective, she could have been scared. Was the baby really his? That could be another possibility

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps she should have told him, but its a very traumatic situation and her actions have to be understood in light of that. Its very tough for your friend but it will have been (and probably still is) even tougher for her. Hopefully he can understand.

ReputationRep:
    I think the man has as much a right to decide as the women, as the baby is as much his. People may argue that the man doesnt have to carry it, but thats just the way things are biologically, it doesn't mean the women has the right to do this without at the very least consulting the man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    I think the man has as much a right to decide as the women, as the baby is as much his. People may argue that the man doesnt have to carry it, but thats just the way things are biologically, it doesn't mean the women has the right to do this without at the very least consulting the man
    However with the trauma of discovering that she was pregnant she may not want to face the man, and instead just have an abortion and stop it there and then.

Do you think the same would apply if the Morning After Pill was in the question?

ReputationRep:
    she had the right to do it however it wasnt constructive for their relationship if she didnt tell him as it shows a lack of trust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    she had the right to do it however it wasnt constructive for their relationship if she didnt tell him as it shows a lack of trust
    Damn true.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.