Why do girls give me signals, but never come up and talk to me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm 18 (almost 19) at Uni and when i'm out at night or something, girls would sometimes make eye contact / give other signals that they're interested, but they never come up and talk to me first, they expect me to do it... Why?
KittyRe-play
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ever thought of YOU going up and talking to them?????
Most Competitive
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OP needs to realise that girls expect guys to make the first move. Only 1 or 2 girls have ever approached me...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by KittyRe-play)
Ever thought of YOU going up and talking to them?????
It's so stupid how guys always has to make the first move, even if a girl finds them attractive they just wait and hope he comes up to them?...
Zechs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's just something you will have to learn to do if you want a girl, even the nicest most progressive girls in society will still expect the male to do the approaching. Also on a night out especially most girls will follow their friends, meaning the will see their friends being approached and would want the same happen to them because anything else would be sad or weird. They don't want to be seen as different from their friends.
A5ko
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What are these other signs?

So far, 'looking in your general direction' is a sign for sexy time.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Feminism at its finest - those double standard *****es.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by A5ko)
What are these other signs?

So far, 'looking in your general direction' is a sign for sexy time.
looking at me for a couple of seconds, doing this multiple times, smiling at me, standing directly next to me when talking with their friends at the bar etc. But they never actually talk to me first
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Most Competitive)
OP needs to realise that girls expect guys to make the first move. Only 1 or 2 girls have ever approached me...
Yeah i'm bad at starting up conversations though
A5ko
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
looking at me for a couple of seconds, doing this multiple times, smiling at me, standing directly next to me when talking with their friends at the bar etc. But they never actually talk to me first
Standing next to you at the bar - That's called queuing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by A5ko)
No what I mean is there is loads of space around the bar, and they decide to stand literally an inch next to me and talk to their friends,

Oh also pinching my bum when dancing lol
A5ko
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh also pinching my bum when dancing lol
In b4 sexual assault
Liquid Harvest
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Eye contact is not a signal. You simply happened to be in their line of sight and your image became projected on their retinas as a result.
username1530463
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's so stupid how guys always has to make the first move, even if a girl finds them attractive they just wait and hope he comes up to them?...
It's a test to how much you like them and how confident you are so you can protect them. It's natural and probably comes from early humans.
username1530463
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah i'm bad at starting up conversations though
Then you should improve your social skills and confidence. Girls seem to like that.
RoundTrip
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)
What are these other signs?So far, 'looking in your general direction' is a sign for sexy time.
(Original post by A5ko)
These.

So many guys over think and over analyse stuff. Lots of girls make the move I'm afraid and if they really wanted to they'd do it.
cbreef
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It is pretty stupid, guys can be just as shy as girls sometimes
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RoundTrip)
These.

So many guys over think and over analyse stuff. Lots of girls make the move I'm afraid and if they really wanted to they'd do it.
Did you see the other things I said? I guess you think them pinching my bum isn't a sign either lol
RoundTrip
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did you see the other things I said? I guess you think them pinching my bum isn't a sign either lol
A girl pinched my mates arse, he went back and pinched hers and then almost got knocked out by her bodybuilder boyfriend. Some girls are just attention seeking whores. I'm not saying they 100% weren't giving you signals but you can't assume that every glance means "come and **** me"
theDanIdentity
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
girls are wimps O.P.

it's a part of life.

and it's in the Man's guide to life 101
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.71%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (72)
29.88%

Watched Threads