The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Loads of people on the board seem to study psych
And i love it. I know a lot of people on this board who don't study it say it is mickey mouse blah blah blah, but who really cares!!

If you want to join, just add a message and i'll add you to the members list

Leader

bohogirlie

Sub-Leaders

AATTMM
Hanzing

Member List

StarBlueUK
LS.
*Riz*
jamierwilliams
lou p lou
MiniBarSmarties
Shoe box 10
~Sam~
.NK
Fly By
SiAnY
sassysiren
hunny bun
Lyte
vavavoom
alio
Specialheffa
rednirt
ruthiepoothie
Marie55
Mineko
BlueAngel
Mad Kuri
Txt Eva
*Skye*
Plug
Tazzie
squideye
lil crazyflakes
ooops!
frost105
Psychbrainiac
fishcat
ladydeborah
papercut ska
Danni_Bella83
Eddie87-04
lauren23
Ahollisan
silverleaf
sweetheart1241
luize
Emsy
Pianogurrl
saiyamana
bohogirlie
yuki
ainat87
blondebombshell
littlepinkpixie
Jellybabie83
aim33 14
cat meiow
Peter E
Ultima gtr
chocolate fudge
sokas
raven4723
girlpants
~Raven~
Sam2005
HearTheThunder
leigh787
saffie
*gemchicken*
saree
DeLboY
caesura
~*sweetness*~
kate85
Doom and Gloom
clomoo
Emily-Sarah
rarely_may
CheesyBeans
mia gen
daniellejuson
.:fluff:.
shylock
podge
princess_amy
mich2005
xXlil'-AnGelXx
8owman
10inchpianist
monty mike
friendsfreak88
all i want
sweetangel
doomandgee
pmc2k
creamcrackered

To join, please see this page.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
twinkledust
And i love it. I know a lot of people on this board who don't study it say it is mickey mouse blah blah blah, but who really cares!!

Who agrees, good society??

Good society. Besides, I think that people who don't study Psychology shouldn't criticise it until they've tried it. I find it easy because of the way the course is structured and because it is a very interesting topic, but I know some people who find it hard. Especially the stuff that's based on the biological/medical approach. It's also pretty useful, I think. :-)
Reply 2
I'll join. I think StarBlueUK's right about having to actually do the subject before criticising it. I remember seeing it on the news last year, people were saying it was an easy subject that anyone could pass (I didn't take it for that reason)... but back then, it was so easy to assume that they were right.
yeah that is right, people do criticise without doing the course, i think it is just as hard as any subject but it is well structured and i really enjoy it! so i do well in it.
Reply 4
LS.
I'll join. I think StarBlueUK's right about having to actually do the subject before criticising it. I remember seeing it on the news last year, people were saying it was an easy subject that anyone could pass (I didn't take it for that reason)... but back then, it was so easy to assume that they were right.

It's very demoralising hearing about how 'easy' Psychology is, and thus, how worthless an A grade in it is. The people who criticise fail to consider that while a lot of people get As, the vast majority get way below that, just like with any other subject! For example, in my A2 Child and research methods module, I got an A and only one other person in my class did. Most others got Cs.
Reply 5
BTW, would love to join.
in the Jan module 1, a lot of people in my year who do it (approx 60) had this idea that psychology is really easy. barely need to revise, most got D's and E's and only a handful got A's. about 5 i think.
Reply 7
Most people in my class got U's and E's on the Unit 1 AQA(A) exam. People criticise how easy psychology exams are - but you still have to remember the studies, apply them correctly, and evaluate them. Also, there is a need for mathmatical definitions on the reasearch methods paper.
Reply 8
twinkledust
in the Jan module 1, a lot of people in my year who do it (approx 60) had this idea that psychology is really easy. barely need to revise, most got D's and E's and only a handful got A's. about 5 i think.

That's pretty bad. It serves them right though, in a way. I honestly do think that it depends on the type of person you are as to whether you'll find Psychology easy or not, as I said earlier. It's not an easy 'blag my way through the whole course' kind of subject.
Reply 9
StarBlueUK
That's pretty bad. It serves them right though, in a way. I honestly do think that it depends on the type of person you are as to whether you'll find Psychology easy or not, as I said earlier. It's not an easy 'blag my way through the whole course' kind of subject.

If you think thats shocking, the highest anyone got in my class was a 'C' - possibly some of the blame can be put on not having a teacher before the exams to do revision/past papers - but most of the course was taught.
LS.
If you think thats shocking, the highest anyone got in my class was a 'C' - possibly some of the blame can be put on not having a teacher before the exams to do revision/past papers - but most of the course was taught.

That is terrible. As you say, not having a teacher before the exams to do exam technique must have made it harder, but surely some papers would've been gone over during the year and such? And also, there are usually places online you can get that kind of thing. I actually missed 3 months of AS Psychology (long story!) and so missed the teaching, but worked hard and managed to get 97/100 for that module, which shows that it is ultimately, down to student effort.
Reply 11
twinkledust

Who agrees, good society??

Sounds like a great idea, I'm definatly up for it!
Reply 12
please could I join
Reply 13
i will join (and will try not to get thrown out, see my sig...)

lou xxx
course, just add to your signature
YAY
sorry slight over excitement there! :smile:
Reply 16
StarBlueUK
I actually missed 3 months of AS Psychology (long story!) and so missed the teaching, but worked hard and managed to get 97/100 for that module, which shows that it is ultimately, down to student effort.

Well done! I'm hoping that all the studying I've done in my own time has paid off, I'm really hoping to get an overal 'B' - since I got a 'C' in the January exam.

lou p lou - May I ask why you got thrown out?
Reply 17
LS.
Well done! I'm hoping that all the studying I've done in my own time has paid off, I'm really hoping to get an overal 'B' - since I got a 'C' in the January exam.

cos i said I had an E at maths AS level (and 'forgot' to explain it was because my result was accidently certified after only 2 modules)

lou xxx
Reply 18
lou p
cos i said I had an E at maths AS level (and 'forgot' to explain it was because my result was accidently certified after only 2 modules)

lou xxx

Aww, I think that was a bit harsh. Even if you had got an E in maths. Exams don't always show how knowledgable you are.

twinkledust - Are you going to add a members list to your first post?
LS.

Thanks! I'm sure you'll get the grade that you want. How do I put UKL Psych Society in the thing at the bottom of any post I submit?

Quick Reply