Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people on the board seem to study psych
    And i love it. I know a lot of people on this board who don't study it say it is mickey mouse blah blah blah, but who really cares!!

If you want to join, just add a message and i'll add you to the members list

Leader

bohogirlie

Sub-Leaders

AATTMM
    Hanzing

Member List

StarBlueUK
    LS.
    *Riz*
    jamierwilliams
    lou p lou
    MiniBarSmarties
    Shoe box 10
    ~Sam~
    .NK
    Fly By
    SiAnY
    sassysiren
    hunny bun
    Lyte
    vavavoom
    alio
    Specialheffa
    rednirt
    ruthiepoothie
    Marie55
    Mineko
    BlueAngel
    Mad Kuri
    Txt Eva
    *Skye*
    Plug
    Tazzie
    squideye
    lil crazyflakes
    ooops!
    frost105
    Psychbrainiac
    fishcat
    ladydeborah
    papercut ska
    Danni_Bella83
    Eddie87-04
    lauren23
    Ahollisan
    silverleaf
    sweetheart1241
    luize
    Emsy
    Pianogurrl
    saiyamana
    bohogirlie
    yuki
    ainat87
    blondebombshell
    littlepinkpixie
    Jellybabie83
    aim33 14
    cat meiow
    Peter E
    Ultima gtr
    chocolate fudge
    sokas
    raven4723
    girlpants
    ~Raven~
    Sam2005
    HearTheThunder
    leigh787
    saffie
    *gemchicken*
    saree
    DeLboY
    caesura
    ~*sweetness*~
    kate85
    Doom and Gloom
    clomoo
    Emily-Sarah
    rarely_may
    CheesyBeans
    mia gen
    daniellejuson
    .:fluff:.
    shylock
    podge
    princess_amy
    mich2005
    xXlil'-AnGelXx
    8owman
    10inchpianist
    monty mike
    friendsfreak88
    all i want
    sweetangel
    doomandgee
    pmc2k
    creamcrackered

To join, please see this page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkledust)
    And i love it. I know a lot of people on this board who don't study it say it is mickey mouse blah blah blah, but who really cares!!

Who agrees, good society??
    Good society. Besides, I think that people who don't study Psychology shouldn't criticise it until they've tried it. I find it easy because of the way the course is structured and because it is a very interesting topic, but I know some people who find it hard. Especially the stuff that's based on the biological/medical approach. It's also pretty useful, I think. :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'll join. I think StarBlueUK's right about having to actually do the subject before criticising it. I remember seeing it on the news last year, people were saying it was an easy subject that anyone could pass (I didn't take it for that reason)... but back then, it was so easy to assume that they were right.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that is right, people do criticise without doing the course, i think it is just as hard as any subject but it is well structured and i really enjoy it! so i do well in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    I'll join. I think StarBlueUK's right about having to actually do the subject before criticising it. I remember seeing it on the news last year, people were saying it was an easy subject that anyone could pass (I didn't take it for that reason)... but back then, it was so easy to assume that they were right.
    It's very demoralising hearing about how 'easy' Psychology is, and thus, how worthless an A grade in it is. The people who criticise fail to consider that while a lot of people get As, the vast majority get way below that, just like with any other subject! For example, in my A2 Child and research methods module, I got an A and only one other person in my class did. Most others got Cs.

ReputationRep:
    BTW, would love to join.

ReputationRep:
    in the Jan module 1, a lot of people in my year who do it (approx 60) had this idea that psychology is really easy. barely need to revise, most got D's and E's and only a handful got A's. about 5 i think.

ReputationRep:
    Most people in my class got U's and E's on the Unit 1 AQA(A) exam. People criticise how easy psychology exams are - but you still have to remember the studies, apply them correctly, and evaluate them. Also, there is a need for mathmatical definitions on the reasearch methods paper.

ReputationRep:
    in the Jan module 1, a lot of people in my year who do it (approx 60) had this idea that psychology is really easy. barely need to revise, most got D's and E's and only a handful got A's. about 5 i think.
    That's pretty bad. It serves them right though, in a way. I honestly do think that it depends on the type of person you are as to whether you'll find Psychology easy or not, as I said earlier. It's not an easy 'blag my way through the whole course' kind of subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarBlueUK)
    That's pretty bad. It serves them right though, in a way. I honestly do think that it depends on the type of person you are as to whether you'll find Psychology easy or not, as I said earlier. It's not an easy 'blag my way through the whole course' kind of subject.
    If you think thats shocking, the highest anyone got in my class was a 'C' - possibly some of the blame can be put on not having a teacher before the exams to do revision/past papers - but most of the course was taught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    If you think thats shocking, the highest anyone got in my class was a 'C' - possibly some of the blame can be put on not having a teacher before the exams to do revision/past papers - but most of the course was taught.
    That is terrible. As you say, not having a teacher before the exams to do exam technique must have made it harder, but surely some papers would've been gone over during the year and such? And also, there are usually places online you can get that kind of thing. I actually missed 3 months of AS Psychology (long story!) and so missed the teaching, but worked hard and managed to get 97/100 for that module, which shows that it is ultimately, down to student effort.

ReputationRep:

Who agrees, good society??
    Sounds like a great idea, I'm definatly up for it!

ReputationRep:
    please could I join

ReputationRep:
    i will join (and will try not to get thrown out, see my sig...)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    course, just add to your signature

ReputationRep:
    YAY
    sorry slight over excitement there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarBlueUK)
    I actually missed 3 months of AS Psychology (long story!) and so missed the teaching, but worked hard and managed to get 97/100 for that module, which shows that it is ultimately, down to student effort.
    Well done! I'm hoping that all the studying I've done in my own time has paid off, I'm really hoping to get an overal 'B' - since I got a 'C' in the January exam.

lou p lou - May I ask why you got thrown out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Well done! I'm hoping that all the studying I've done in my own time has paid off, I'm really hoping to get an overal 'B' - since I got a 'C' in the January exam.

cos i said I had an E at maths AS level (and 'forgot' to explain it was because my result was accidently certified after only 2 modules)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    cos i said I had an E at maths AS level (and 'forgot' to explain it was because my result was accidently certified after only 2 modules)

lou xxx
    Aww, I think that was a bit harsh. Even if you had got an E in maths. Exams don't always show how knowledgable you are.

twinkledust - Are you going to add a members list to your first post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)

Thanks! I'm sure you'll get the grade that you want. How do I put UKL Psych Society in the thing at the bottom of any post I submit?

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.