UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc) Watch

Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not not allowing new society logos at the moment not intill the forum is updated.. ah well.

I agree that people have a somewhat easy perception of psychology, and it annoys me as if they actually studied it they would find its alot harder than it looks, and really Interesting. You find out new things every day that relate directly to human behaviour... Its finally great to find such a great subject

Heres a Question for all... Why did you choose to do Psych at AS/A-Level / Degree levels etc?
bohogirlie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by twinkledust)
Leader??????

Ok, well i just realised that after 2moz i'm not doing psychology again and therefore shouldn't really be the leader of the society. We do need one so who wants to be it?
I've just found a post in this thread (see post 4) that states that the leader of a society can be changed. Maybe we should try and do this seeing as twinkledust doesn't think she should be it anymore.
bohogirlie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hanzing)
Not not allowing new society logos at the moment not intill the forum is updated.. ah well.

I agree that people have a somewhat easy perception of psychology, and it annoys me as if they actually studied it they would find its alot harder than it looks, and really Interesting. You find out new things every day that relate directly to human behaviour... Its finally great to find such a great subject

Heres a Question for all... Why did you choose to do Psych at AS/A-Level / Degree levels etc?
I hate people who think that psychology is an 'easy' or 'doss' subject. My French teacher last year always used to take the piss out of psychology, thinking that it was an easy subject or a subject that people just did because its 'popular' right now. It used to really annoy me. Yes, AS level Psychology is simple and straightforward and with enough work its easy to ace it. However, A2 Psychology really is much more difficult. There is a lot of biological stuff involved that i find really hard to get my head round sometimes because i'm bad at science. And at degree level there are a lot of stats, so its not the easy subject that people seem to think it is.

In responce to why did i do psychology...i think it was because my mum did GCSE Psychology at an evening class and it seemed really interesting. I took it up, not knowing quite what to expect and loved it. I think the brain and the way it works is fasinating, everything we do is because of the brain and its functions. I think its interesting finding out why people act the way they do. Psychology is about real life things and its interesting reading about a theory and thinking 'i do that' and finding out why you behave like that.

I can't wait to start my degree next year!
AATTMM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Because I wanted to be a clinical psychologist - and still do, which is why I'm continuing it to Uni.
Rahul.
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I have just decided to take A'level Psychology. Can anyone suggest some names of textbooks that cover the Edexcel A'level Psychology specification entirely ???
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bohogirlie)
In responce to why did i do psychology...i think it was because my mum did GCSE Psychology at an evening class and it seemed really interesting. I took it up, not knowing quite what to expect and loved it. I think the brain and the way it works is fasinating, everything we do is because of the brain and its functions. I think its interesting finding out why people act the way they do. Psychology is about real life things and its interesting reading about a theory and thinking 'i do that' and finding out why you behave like that.

I can't wait to start my degree next year!
Me too, I lvoe the way how you can relate it yourself and others.. I do A-level Human Biology aswell so it was easier to get my head around those areas.. It jsut fascinates me. Its definately encouraged me to persue a career in clinical or Educational psychology.

Im really lookiong foward to the degree, Big labs and resources available for experiemnts Finally
bohogirlie
Rep:
?
Hanzing, where are you going next year?
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hopefully Southampton, It looks Really ncie campus with great facilities, If not that then Plymouth. Yourself?
Chocolatefudge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So... I don't know if this is an obvious answer so i apologise in advance if it is, but if I posted on here that i wanted to join, have I now joined?
bohogirlie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chocolatefudge)
So... I don't know if this is an obvious answer so i apologise in advance if it is, but if I posted on here that i wanted to join, have I now joined?
Well, i would say everyone is welcome The psychology soc is kinda leaderless at the moment as twinkledust thinks that she should no longer be it as she doesn't do psychology anymore. Maybe when people start posting here more we can do do a poll as to who should be leader...everyone should vote me!!

So stick us in your signature and lets hope people start to visit us more
bohogirlie
Rep:
?
Hopefully Southampton, It looks Really ncie campus with great facilities, If not that then Plymouth. Yourself?
Hopefully Glasgow...i don't have a second choice :eek:
sokas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wooo! can I join this? I can't be bothered reading 10 pages of whats been going on so I apologise for not having a clue! XxX
bohogirlie
Rep:
?
(Original post by sokas)
wooo! can I join this? I can't be bothered reading 10 pages of whats been going on so I apologise for not having a clue! XxX
See two posts above
bohogirlie
Rep:
?
Please go here and vote for who you want to be the new leader, then the new leader can hopefully get the PsychSoc going again!

vote me if you're stuck as to who to vote for, infact vote for me if you're not stuck!
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hopefully Glasgow...i don't have a second choice :eek:
Not nessecarily a bad thing, MIne is jsut there because Im freaking out I wont get into my first choice. I mean If i really did the best i could I know I could get in, but you never know.

Or.. You could vote for me, Im always crazy.. Hmm wait is that the right way to sell myself..
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wooo, ill join!!
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*joins*

yay
bohogirlie
Rep:
?
Not nessecarily a bad thing, MIne is jsut there because Im freaking out I wont get into my first choice. I mean If i really did the best i could I know I could get in, but you never know.

Or.. You could vote for me, Im always crazy.. Hmm wait is that the right way to sell myself..
Yeah...but i'm freaking out that i won't get into Glasgow! But Durham was offering me the same grades, so i didn't see much point in putting that as my second choice, especially as Durham would probably be more competitive...i didn't want to go to Bangor which was my other option, despite the fact that i only needed 200 points or something silly like that!

P. S. Vote for me not hanzing hehe
bohogirlie
Rep:
?
Welcome new people!
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Welcome new people!
woooo :hello:

What do we do in here?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1047)
79.08%
Leave (277)
20.92%

Watched Threads