Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    Psychology and Mathematics
    or
    Psychology and French (havent got French A-level, but they may let me :confused: )

or in a different uni, it will be simply Social Psychology (only 1 to my knowledge does this)

you?
    Well, i'm actually starting in september (grades permitting of course!!) at Glasgow. I applied to York, Durham, Glasgow, Edinbugh, Nottingham and Bangor, and got accepted by Glasgow, Durham and Bangor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    Well, i'm actually starting in september (grades permitting of course!!) at Glasgow. I applied to York, Durham, Glasgow, Edinbugh, Nottingham and Bangor, and got accepted by Glasgow, Durham and Bangor
    oh lol, i meant to ask which course you will be doing...

ReputationRep:
    oh lol, i meant to ask which course you will be doing...
    :rolleyes: Sorry

Its a MA in Psychology

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Sorry

Its a MA in Psychology
    oooh cool, single psychology is a lot harder to get into! what grades did you need? looking at recent prospectuses the entry grades for me are around AAB/BBB or single psych, and lower for combined which uni will you be going to?

ReputationRep:
    Saiyamana, are you applying next year or are you going to uni this autumn?

ReputationRep:
    oooh cool, single psychology is a lot harder to get into! what grades did you need? looking at recent prospectuses the entry grades for me are around AAB/BBB or single psych, and lower for combined which uni will you be going to?
    I needed BBB and thats for Glasgow. I was predicted ABB/AAB and all the uni's that i applied to were the same or lower grades than that, but i only got into three of them (Durham, Glasgow, Bangor). Even Edinburgh, which only required BBB rejected me! Psychology is really hard to get into right now unfortunately. You're right, combined do usually ask for lower grades, but at some prestigious university's they ask for the same grades as single honours, sometimes even higher i believe :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    Saiyamana, are you applying next year or are you going to uni this autumn?
    next year

good morning bohogirlie! :eek:

Psychology is really hard to get into right now unfortunately.
    yea quite a popular subject these days

ReputationRep:
    next year

good morning bohogirlie! :eek:
    Yep, up early this morning and i don't even have work! I have to walk my dog because my parents have gone to France for the day, but it looks really grey outside and sounded like it was raining this morning so i don't really wanna get soaked!

yea quite a popular subject these days
    Yep, but don't let that stop you! Hopefully, by the time i finish my degree (2009 - how scary is that?!) people will have found another subject to flock to so i can get a job!

ReputationRep:
    Whats an MA? N.. Blonde side prevailing through. Im doing a Bsc in Pysch.

Single Psych is pretty hard to get in nowadays set the grades up really high. Exeter one I really Loved was AAA admission.. Hmm Maybe not. Ah well, Of To Soton hopefully If I get AAB.. Who says Praying doesnt work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Whats an MA? N.. Blonde side prevailing through. Im doing a Bsc in Pysch.

Single Psych is pretty hard to get in nowadays set the grades up really high. Exeter one I really Loved was AAA admission.. Hmm Maybe not. Ah well, Of To Soton hopefully If I get AAB.. Who says Praying doesnt work?
    Southampton are asking for AAB?! :eek: Thats really high! MA is a Masters (BA/Bsc is a Batchelors). I haven't done a BA/Bsc yet, its just the way the Scottish Universitys work, they give MA's/MSc's rather than BA's or BSc's.

ReputationRep:
    I need AAB too for Newcastle. Durham wanted ABB but they rejected me (B*******).
    My insurance is Northumbria and thats BBC though... Most of the ones I looked at were either reeli high or reeli low... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    I need AAB too for Newcastle. Durham wanted ABB but they rejected me (B*******).
    My insurance is Northumbria and thats BBC though... Most of the ones I looked at were either reeli high or reeli low... :dontknow:
    Mine weren't too bad - Glasgow (BBB), Durham (ABB), Bangor (BBB - but got offered BB), Edinburgh (BBB), Nottingham (ABB) and York (AAB/ABB). I got rejected from the latter three :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    My Insurance is also BBC! I applied Plymouth(BBC)/Exeter(AAA)/Portsmouth(BBB)/Bristol(ABB)/Soton (AAB) Bath Spa (CC) Did you guys have interviews for any of the Unis? None of them rejected me but then I never had to go Interview for the place. Although exeter thought it was funny to accpet me.. if i got AAA mind you. Even if They knew i could only get AAB. Evil People.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton are asking for AAB?! :eek: Thats really high! MA is a Masters (BA/Bsc is a Batchelors). I haven't done a BA/Bsc yet, its just the way the Scottish Universitys work, they give MA's/MSc's rather than BA's or BSc's.
    southampton only asked me to get ABB..which is more like it me thinks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren23)
    southampton only asked me to get ABB..which is more like it me thinks!
    Which I can only take as they dont like meee.

ReputationRep:
    My Insurance is also BBC! I applied Plymouth(BBC)/Exeter(AAA)/Portsmouth(BBB)/Bristol(ABB)/Soton (AAB) Bath Spa (CC) Did you guys have interviews for any of the Unis? None of them rejected me but then I never had to go Interview for the place. Although exeter thought it was funny to accpet me.. if i got AAA mind you. Even if They knew i could only get AAB. Evil People.
    You got offers from Bristol and Bath? :cool: How come you're not going there? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Which I can only take as they dont like meee.
    :hugs:

At least you got all your offers!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have any interviews - the uni's I applied to had too may applications for Psych to have time to interview them all.
    The entry requirements seem to be pretty much the same across the board don't they?

ReputationRep:
    Well It was Bath Spa, and Bristol UWE.. Didnt really like either of them.

ReputationRep:
    Well It was Bath Spa, and Bristol UWE.. Didnt really like either of them.
    OIC. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.