Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone on their results, between us we've got some really good grades and marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    Ahhh you beat me then :rolleyes: I think i got 525/600
    Lol, By 2 marks! That makes us pretty even :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I only joined yesterday and just found this thread!! Im going to Leeds Met uni this september to study applied psychology and I can't wait. Iv loved the subject since I started it at A level 2 years ago, it fascinates me but I hate it when u tell some1 what your studying and their like "oh, u can read in2 my mind then?!" HOW ANNOYING!! Any1 else get this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ema18)
    when u tell some1 what your studying and their like "oh, u can read in2 my mind then?!" HOW ANNOYING!! Any1 else get this?
    I get that all the time. It's a nightmare, especially as I work in a local pub and so there is a lot of chat with the locals etc. I've lost count of the amount of times I've replied with things like "well you are in a pub at 3pm on a weekday so you obviously hide from your family and need to work more" etc.
    Worst person for it is my Dad. He was talking about some girl he knows doing sociology and tried to say the same about that as well. Considering I've done both subjects you would think that he would know the simple differences.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Drives me crazy.. I was talking to this guy at work and said I studied Psychology, and he was like
    'Oh your a Psychic then'
    I was like..Uhh no.. But then he repiled 'Im a Medium'
    And I thought.. Thats interesting, So I said 'Really?'
    He Said 'Yeah, thats what it says in my underwear'.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, that wierd as, I also used to work in a local pub and used to get so much stick about what I was studying and was constantley getting "pscho-analyse me then"!! I was like no, you'll be scared what I find out!! Where u studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Yes! Drives me crazy.. I was talking to this guy at work and said I studied Psychology, and he was like
    'Oh your a Psychic then'
    I was like..Uhh no.. But then he repiled 'Im a Medium'
    And I thought.. Thats interesting, So I said 'Really?'
    He Said 'Yeah, thats what it says in my underwear'.

:rolleyes:

Thats hilarious!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ema18)
    Oh my god, that wierd as, I also used to work in a local pub and used to get so much stick about what I was studying and was constantley getting "pscho-analyse me then"!! I was like no, you'll be scared what I find out!! Where u studying?
    Used to study in city of Bristol college.
    I have been really tempted to tell people to lay on the sofas there and shout random words for word association...then just tell them some sexual thing.

ReputationRep:
    ha ha ha, great!

i havent been in a situation like them before....

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Its a girl thang? Your lucky

ReputationRep:
    Can I join please?

ReputationRep:
    another girl..... hmmmm....... hello?! any male psychology students here?! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    AATTMM is male no? Go have a bonding session

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    AATTMM is male no? Go have a bonding session
    i cant find him

*looks at peacy* oh thats right, he's a sociology teacher :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Awwwh. What about an Invisable friend..? Hehe. urh. Bert?

ReputationRep:
    :d..

ReputationRep:
    I was directed here by Hanzing who thinks I should join and to be honest I had been thinking about it anyway . I'll be doing my A-Level for it in one year :albertein I can see my head exploding with all the work, hehe. I'm looking into doing some kind of Psychology degree when I go to University at the moment as that looks the most interesting . So can I join??
    (Original post by Bohogirlie)
    I know a lot of people on this board who don't study it say it is mickey mouse blah blah blah, but who really cares!!
    People may say that but the co-principal at my college said to me yesterday when I said that I wanted to do it that he wasn't going to say it was easy. He even went as far as saying that he saw it as one of the most demanding A-Levels around . He didn't put me off doing it and I think he liked that fact. He beleives I can do really well in it. I just hope I do .

ReputationRep:
    It is pretty demanding, But if ya get your head down, Im sure you will be fine. If you ever got a problem or Query never hestitate to ask me or any other mebers werre usually a helpful bunch.

Psych Degrees are Goood. Ah one so Biased.

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering if I can join-I've been studying Psychology at school since Year10-I've done GCSE, AS and just about to start A2 level. I also want to studying it at Uni I've already looked at Bath, Southampton and Birmingham, but I've still got a few more on the list to visit.

I got a B for my GCSE which was disappointing as I'd got A*s in all of the mocks and I also got a B for my AS which I feel I should have got an A, but I'm going to amend my coursework and hopefully get an A!

Can I join please?

ReputationRep:
    Hey clomoo wlecome

Im doing Psych at soton this year, its a great place I had the same last year, a B in AS when I should of really got an A (I was one mark of mind you) But second year is so much better.. well in my eyes. The coursework gives a good chance to raise your grade up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.