Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    i'm going to do psychology and maths combined

lol, i'll probs end up in educational psychology too (after spending as long as possible in education -- theres nothing better ), it must be the most interesting area IMO...

oh and peacy, yep i'm loving the educational topics up to now

but the health is a bit slow right now, it doesn't seem very interesting

that's a good idea because it'll really help you with the statistics part - the bit i really struggle with!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm all set to study psychology at uni, but I've never studied it before, so other than reading a few books have no idea what it will be like. A bit scary. Hope i like it or the next 3 years are not gonna be fun!! Sure it'll be great. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hello. May I join please? I did A level Psychology and didn't get the grades I wanted/was predicted due to many complications with the school and also personal things. However, I am going to Chester next week to start Psychology with Criminology. I'd like to go into forensic psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peacey)
    I didn't like health - much of it felt a bit like "richard and judy" psychology to me. My cherubs didn't like it either (though that may have something to do with me not liking it ); we're doing education and crime this year - killer combo, methinks.

EDIT: There's some health resources on my website btw; may or may not be helpful :p:
    i cant remember my username and password

EDIT: oh, i got it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    i cant remember my username and password

EDIT: oh, i got it now!
    Did you manage to get on to the site? If not, register again, PM me and I'll upgrade your new account.

How is your teacher approaching evaluation for the A2 modules? Are you introducing the subject content and then doing a grid like the one on my site (this one)?

I'm always a bit unsure about what I can use as issues (e.g. you could compare the implications for teaching style of behaviourism, cognitive and humanistic psychology which would technically be evaluative thinking, but isn't on OCRs list of "issues").

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peacey)
    Did you manage to get on to the site? If not, register again, PM me and I'll upgrade your new account.

How is your teacher approaching evaluation for the A2 modules? Are you introducing the subject content and then doing a grid like the one on my site (this one)?

I'm always a bit unsure about what I can use as issues (e.g. you could compare the implications for teaching style of behaviourism, cognitive and humanistic psychology which would technically be evaluative thinking, but isn't on OCRs list of "issues").

Basically we go over the material during class, make our own notes, get the occasional handout, and organise a folder so that we can revise our own work. They dont usually make handouts for us. Well i have one, but it's basically a big chunk of writing, it's right next to the computer, and it's depressing :rolleyes: . We havent had anything like your evaluation sheet yet...

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have to say more. I think that Milgram is really pants.

ReputationRep:
    Well, With Blasphemy Like that Someones jsut asking for some 'Electric' shocks of Mr Milgrim,

ReputationRep:
    How can Milgram be pants? i mean sure... he's a bit of a psycho - but think about the massive cultural lesson we learnt from his work!

ReputationRep:
    omg i just messed up a test then :rolleyes: 30 mins

1. Describe Autism. [6 marks]

2. Descirbe effectiveness of different strategies when teaching SEN children [10 marks]

well i wrote a page on question 1, then had 5 minute left... :eek: wrote half a page for 2. lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, just thought i'd pop in to say hi. Haven't been around much as i'm at uni now and im just meeting loads of people right now. I start lectures on tuesday, my first one is Psychology, so hopefully it will be a good start to the year, i'm sure it will be. Don't know what i'm gonna be studying this year but i'm sure i will find out in due course, i will keep you all updated. I only have three hours of psychology this year, which is a bit of a dissapointment in a way, thought i'd have more! To all you people who think i'm lucky and lazy, i actually have to do another two subjects in my first year, i've chosen to do Philosophy and English Lit. Next year i have to drop one and keep one and because i'm doing psychology (unless i decide i hate it and want to drop it, which i'm sure won't happen) i have to take up stats, which i'm not looking forward to! But its something that has to be done!

Anyway, hope you're all okay, keep posting any questions you have, and new members are always welcome.

Oh by the way CheesyBeans, you have been added to the members list, put us in your sig and come back!

X

ReputationRep:
    Hey Boho, Glad your having Fun
    I seem to be having a lot of 9am Starts popping up on my timetable.. Oh I cant wait.
    I also found out to my suprise I have to take a non-Psychology module each semester along with my Psych, Research and Stats (Statistics jsut doesnt look fun huh) modules. Wahey.

ReputationRep:
    wohoo, that was a great 4th lesson before.... was the first in the upper sixth to start mentoring a year 8 student Extremely nervous first time as you could imagine, lol, i was one of 3 people who didnt opt to work in pairs (ie two mentors, 2 students). He was reading a book about animals fighting each other to me? lol, was cool. They only suggested spending 20/50 mins with them, but we kinda lost track of time . a forghtnight to wait now though

ReputationRep:
    hmm. what's it called when you call someone else something because you want them to notice it in themselves? E.g. by saying "you're really nice" you want the person to think the person saying it is actually really nice. Like projection but not. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* I'm ploughing through revision of the Moscovici/Facheux blue-green study

Someone kill me.

ReputationRep:
    Im at Uni Its scary as hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Im at Uni Its scary as hell.
    Know the feeling! Where are ya? I think I'll go bck to high school and do some more a-levels.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton. Im so bored, Just in my room alone. Hardly any flatmaes here... gah. I hope it gets better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Southampton. Im so bored, Just in my room alone. Hardly any flatmaes here... gah. I hope it gets better.
    southampton? what type of uni is it?

ReputationRep:
    OMG uni is so hard, its all very sciency and mathsy and I've got an essay titled 'Evaluate a method of data collection in Psychology'. Omg its just so b-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.