The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Scroll to see replies

bohogirlie
Don't worry, just keep trying! In one of my AS English Lit. modules, i got a E first time round, a D second time round and a very good A third time round! Keep at it, practice makes perfect! (Either that or it was third time lucky for me!!) :biggrin:
:eek: yea, theres always the summer :smile:

wohoo! uni application has now been sent :biggrin:
I did the AQA paper on the 11th. I have a feeling that I haven't got the mark I would like :frown: but if I haven't there is always June when I do the A2 :smile: . The papers were quite a bit harder than the practice ones we had done before the real one.
practice papers are always easier than the real ones
Reply 603
Shylock
practice papers are always easier than the real ones

I actually found it the other way around in my final exams! The practice papers were evil, But when it came to it the paper was a godsend.
Reply 604
ARG! Does anyone else find that Psychology takes over your life? I'm revising relationships atm and finding myself constantly over analysing my own, and categorising myself into different things! Arg! :argh: this is not good!
don't to it! stay away from yourself if not you'll find that everything is wrong...psychologists are a bunch of pessimists i swear lol
Reply 606
shylock
don't to it! stay away from yourself if not you'll find that everything is wrong...psychologists are a bunch of pessimists i swear lol

Oh yeah. Talk about paranoia!
but they are really because they always have a few good things to say about you and then loads of bad stuff and things you should change about yourself...look at Freud..he never said anything nice about anyone during dram analysis or anything or the oedipuhs (sp??) complex, he never said one good thing about the children,he could have said it was a sign of maturation or something...but oh no he didn't lol
Reply 608
shylock
but they are really because they always have a few good things to say about you and then loads of bad stuff and things you should change about yourself...look at Freud..he never said anything nice about anyone during dram analysis or anything or the oedipuhs (sp??) complex, he never said one good thing about the children,he could have said it was a sign of maturation or something...but oh no he didn't lol

That's because Freud was an insane old pervert who, by his own logic, didn't get hugged enough as a child.
Reply 609
If every psychologist is compared to freud, then were all done for. Psychologisty on the whole must be regarded highly or else why do millions of people pay there own money to see them each day..
psychologists don't do anything really because if we actually sat down to solve our own problems,and i'm not talking about really sick people now,we'd all solve them...lkinda contradictory when i want to be a psychologist myself lol...and yes my bf and i do agree freud was a bit of a sicko lol i was reading the big textbook,can't remember the name,and how the boy w**ked thinking about his mother...how does a 4 year old know what w**king is?! lol
Reply 611
But then again Analytic psychology is only one area, Yes maybe your not a believer in the talking cure, But psychology also is a great use in counselling, clinical psych with mental health etc or education psych, retail psych, occupational,sport.. the list goes on. I for one would never become a Practising psychologist in the freudian form, but i don't disregard it as a god profession and practice. (He was a sick man.. I mean kids.. Psychosexual stages.. why? Jung had the right idea staying away from it.)
i wanna be a counsellor :bawling: i don't hate psychology at all...i was just trying to lighten the mood :frown: yeh i do think he was a bit perverted though lol he just needed a bit more love is all hehe
Reply 613
If you wanna be a counsellor good luck to you :biggrin: Im sure you'll do great. I dont really know what I want to do.. It worries me a bit. Ah well exams are over.. Freedom!
(Btw with this new update we may be able to get an image for the soc, any suggestions?)
i'll look :smile:
found that one,i'll look for more :smile:
oooh yes, the society needs to be put on the list :smile:
i tried to add a pic and it won't add grr
oo it added :smile:
Reply 619
Hopefully Boho will be on soon and can add it.

(Love the pic shylock)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending