ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shylock)
    :hugs: saiya
    hi shy :hugs:

:party:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    hey saiya lol :hugs::party: anyone else helped you yet?

ReputationRep:
    hey saiya lol :hugs::party: anyone else helped you yet?
    nah lol, i'm hoping hanzing or bohogirlie come online, sure they would help...

or even dagger (dagmar)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    ahh cool pm them! it's the best way

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I looked at the essay (its a coursework intro right?) and I'm sorry but I have no idea what cognitive dissonance is
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    neither do i raven lol but it makes a bit of sense what he's talking about lol

ReputationRep:
    neither do i raven lol but it makes a bit of sense what he's talking about lol
    Yeah, grammatically etc its perfect, I dunno what the word limit is, it seems quite short but it does make sense.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it's the first page me thinks lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    Yeah, grammatically etc its perfect, I dunno what the word limit is, it seems quite short but it does make sense.
    ahh, the word limit is 1200, and i havent included the abstract. That is about the full coursework

bascially, dissonance is the psychological tension caused by 2 or more conflicting opinions, beliefs or behaviours.

eg, a smoker will smoke even though they are aware of the health risks (belief 1 - smoking is harmful belief 2 - smoking will not affect them/or something similar)

but thanks anyway

will pm boho and hanzing

ReputationRep:
    Helloo. So Im assuming thats the The Intro, Good first paragraph explaining the theory. Itmay be worth spending a bit more time to make sure you clearly outline it, Maybe include an example such as how you just explained it then? The background seems sound, I think though as said there needs to be more. It may be worth writing around the issue, the social context of it in society. Describing what the studies show in relation to the theory is always good.. so The cult leader it may be worth while expanding how it would be more common that she would lose her followers after wrong predictions yet how these theories and studies show how this is not the case. Also might be good to make sure you know the dates of these studies (People can get so picky.)

I hope some of that helped.

ReputationRep:
    thanks hanzing

do you think i should replace festinger's study with a brief description + the cult leader?

ReputationRep:
    Noo, It was a good study. Are you at max word limit? I didnt realise that. I think that if so then its worth keeping the study, but maybe also a little expansion on the cult leader segment to link it all in so that all the little paragraphs flow together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Noo, It was a good study. Are you at max word limit? I didnt realise that. I think that if so then its worth keeping the study, but maybe also a little expansion on the cult leader segment to link it all in so that all the little paragraphs flow together.
    should have a bit of room to add that in trim down the background section.

but it makes perfect sense? :confused: thats quite shocking tbh lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have one or two pages worth of info on this? Consulted my main textbooks and google but nothing much so far. Need it urgently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leigh787)
    Does anyone have one or two pages worth of info on this? Consulted my main textbooks and google but nothing much so far. Need it urgently!
    on what?

ReputationRep:
    semantic and episodic memory (see title of original post :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leigh787)
    semantic and episodic memory (see title of original post :p: )
    Oh god i never look at those!
    Unfortunately, my scanner seems to have died so I can't show you anything out of a book....

And actually, I don't have anything sorry

ReputationRep:
    I wish I did I only really have very limited knowledge on it, and My big carlson textbooks at uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    I wish I did I only really have very limited knowledge on it, and My big carlson textbooks at uni!
    Oh are you using carlson as well?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeap, Fun Book Huh? Luckily I havent got to deep into it as essentuallly e only need to know whats in our lectures and so its god for background, and around subject reading but can be a bit in depth.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.