Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I despise the maths element of Psychology... Never ask me about it. I shall cry...
    I think I should do a bit of reading about it soon... :rolleyes:

But I'm not looking forward to it... :afraid:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by creamcrackered)
    I despise the maths element of Psychology... Never ask me about it. I shall cry...

i don't like it either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    Maybe its the sign test i need?! I just know the lecture notes said 'lets review the binomial distribution'
    the later on suddenyl mentioned a sign test, but im sure I remember someone saying 'binomial sign test'... but i might have made it up!

HELP ME!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! :eek:
    Hannah to the rescue! I just looked through my notes I made on the sign test and found under this - Binomial probability - other way to work out the signs. The really hard way.

n x (n-x) x (n-x)
    p(X) = C P Q = N! / X! (N-X)! p q
    X

Ok offically cannot type the forumula here.. Ill write it in paint! (the exclamation marks are factorials.. before everyone thinks ive gone mad.) Its pretty bad but hopefully you get the gist. N = No. of pairs, X majority (negative or positive) So if we have 10 pairs and 9 decreases (negatives), then binomial probability works out the prob of at least 9 of 10 being decreases if the null hypothesis is true. (We should have 5 pos/ 5 neg.) So the probability of getting 9 negatives out of 10 pairs given that the null is that we should have 5 pos and 5 neg. God hope that makes sense
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamcrackered)

:hugs:

thats why i combined it with maths :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Hannah to the rescue! I just looked through my notes I made on the sign test and found under this - Binomial probability - other way to work out the signs. The really hard way.

n x (n-x) x (n-x)
    X

Ok offically cannot type the forumula here.. Ill write it in paint! (the exclamation makrs are factorials.. before everyone thinks ive gone made.) Its pretty bad but hopefully you get the gist. N = No. of pairs, X majority (negative or positive) So if we have 10 pairs and 9 decreases (negatives), then binomial probability works out the prob of at least 9 of 10 being decreases if the null hypothesis is true. (We should have 5 pos/ 5 neg.) So the probability of getting 9 negatives out of 10 pairs given that the null is that we should have 5 pos and 5 neg. God hope that makes sense
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    :afraid:
    I wouldnt worry it is easier than it looks! This is about some of the worst stuff aswell ive come across this year, Once you get your head around it ,its ok.

ReputationRep:

n x (n-x) x (n-x)
    X

Ok offically cannot type the forumula here.. Ill write it in paint! (the exclamation makrs are factorials.. before everyone thinks ive gone made.) Its pretty bad but hopefully you get the gist. N = No. of pairs, X majority (negative or positive) So if we have 10 pairs and 9 decreases (negatives), then binomial probability works out the prob of at least 9 of 10 being decreases if the null hypothesis is true. (We should have 5 pos/ 5 neg.) So the probability of getting 9 negatives out of 10 pairs given that the null is that we should have 5 pos and 5 neg. God hope that makes sense
    You are the queen of everything. Rep coming your way when I can :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    You are the queen of everything. Rep coming your way when I can :hugs:

O.o I love being the Queen

ReputationRep:
    My Its gone very Quiet on The Psych front..

ReputationRep:
    aye :eek:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    My Its gone very Quiet on The Psych front..
    huge avy! are you a mod now?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    huge avy! are you a mod now?!

TSR would break if that Happened! No Im Just a sub, we get bigger avatar sizes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i know you get 100x100 i've been a sub before i'll have you know...yours just looks...tons bigger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    i know you get 100x100 i've been a sub before i'll have you know...yours just looks...tons bigger!
    I thought as much, But still didnt think anyone wold beleive me as a mod..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    nope..just...all the 100x100 avys look really huge now! :s:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone Looking foward to exams?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    nope...actually practical investigations seems ok to me,and so does the core 1 exam...but core 2 :s:

ReputationRep:
    Heh.. Im sure you'll be fine Ive got 3 weeks till mine so I better start revising...

ReputationRep:
    i thought i did a lot worse on the core 2 exam, but ended up with the same grade. So you should be ok

ReputationRep:
    Good luck all!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.