(Original post by BlueAngel)
    Good luck all!!!!!
    Seconded :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    Seconded :hugs:
    thirdonded:p:

ReputationRep:
    What ever the forth plural was of that..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    i thought i did a lot worse on the core 2 exam, but ended up with the same grade. So you should be ok
    core 2 is way harder than core 1 and it's next friday lol

thanks.

goodluck to everyone as well

ReputationRep:
    may i join pretty pleeeeeeeease ??

ReputationRep:
    :hello: welcome

of course you can

ReputationRep:
    Sure thing.. How are everyones exams going?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    my (psych) modules went ok! :party: thanks you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    my (psych) modules went ok! :party: thanks you?
    wooo good to hear :hugs:

mine r both on tuesday morning.

ReputationRep:
    Im Freeee! (Even if I've just failed the exam I just took..)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    good luck saiyamana!:hugs:

and i'm sure you did ok Hanzing :hugs: cool avy by the way :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Heh Thanks

(Oh No, I know I didnt do that well, The essay questions were evil! I hardly knew what to write)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    awww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm kinda hoping the topic creator is around so I can be added to the list, even though people seem to be talking very little about psychology :p:

I've just finished my AS in Psychology and enjoy it immensely. My other major interest is in Philosophy

I guess this place will be useful if I have any questions during my A2 and onwards
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    yeh goodluck in your exams though

ReputationRep:
    Hello anyone...sorry haven't posted recently, have been very busy. Its good to see that the thread is still alive and that we have new members (i have added you all to the list).

Thank you to doomadgee who pointed out that Psychology is not an easy subject. I completely agree that it covers aspects of all those subjects. Psychology is offered as an Arts degree as well as a Science degree which shows that it covers arts aspects an well as science aspects.

Have we sorted anything out about a symbol? I think they're all great and if you want me to set up a poll i will do so. If anyone knows how we go about getting one, let me know and i will organise it.

I will be trying to come into the thread and post more from now on but thanks to sub-leader hanzing.

I hope everyones exams are/have gone ok? Is anyone of to university to study psychology next year, if so where?

Finally, i am reading a very good psychology book at the moment called 'Opening Skinner's Box' by Lauren Slater. It is about 10 of the greatest psychological studies of the 20th century. It explains studies like milgram in much more detail and i think it would be useful if you want more depth or understanding for AS, A Level or Degree level Psychology. Its quite difficult to get (or i found it so) but its worth having if you're interested in Psych.

Thats all for now guys, hope all is going well psychology wise for you all.

ReputationRep:
    :wavey: Hi guys!

Is it okay if I join?

I am currently studying for my Psychology A2 Level which I am really hoping goes okay.

I will hopefully be going to Bath next year to study psychology as a sandwich course which means it lasts 4 years and the 3rd year is a work placement working alongside a professional psychologist. I am really excited about it!

Good luck everyone with revising and with the exams! (I can't wait till they are all over then I can just relax until September!)

ReputationRep:
    i need to make sure i know this cognitve part of learnin styles, so i'm going to write it out from memory...

A schema is a framework of information which is stored, used, and built upon, to construct an reasonable interpretation of things the person may not have been subjected to.

Piaget looked at how childrens schemas and abiliy to process information develop over a period of 12 or more years. He suggsts 4 main stages to infomation processing levels - Sensory motor stage which occurs first, where the interpretations of young children is based on their senses and movement, Pre-Operational, Concrete Operatonal, and formal operational [i cant explain these lol]. Therefore piaget suggests that knowledge acquistion is not solely due to quanitative factors (the amount of information they receive), but develop dependant on the types (and devlopment) of specific cognitive operations.

Vygostky (sp?) looks at the social interactions with students and teachers, and emphasises the importance of teachers (and environment) when students are developing their own schemas. His idea of 'zone of proximital development' refers to the students actual and potential learning level, and suggests that collaboration between teachers is the way to bridge the gap. The teacher must identify the individuals ZPD and focus their efforts of improving their development. He also sggests that existing schemas should be challenged, ensuring that knowledge aqcuired is stored, and also to develop the individual's interpretations of the information. This must not be instructional, rather active challenges.

Ausubel - heirarchial representations of knowledge, general concepts providing a foundation for moe specific sub concepts wich may branch out from the generalised concepts. Ausubel suggests that subsumption (learning) can only occur when added on to existing schemas. he also points out the importance of dfferentiating between new and previous concepts, an idea known as dissasociative (sp?) subsumption. Zero dissasociatibility refers to when information cannot be interpreted within exsiting shemas.

Advance organisers - information presented prior to lessons being taken, to draw on gneral schemas, but also to prepare the student for the intoduction of more specific schemas.

Bruner - Discovery Learning, which empasises the importance of students discovering information,and adding their own interpretations to existing schemas. [thats all i cn recall ]

time count: 12mins

hopefully that will come up on tuesday and i'll get full marks

and yes i've been using peacey's site alot, hence the similarities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    Hello anyone...sorry haven't posted recently, have been very busy. Its good to see that the thread is still alive and that we have new members (i have added you all to the list).

Thank you to doomadgee who pointed out that Psychology is not an easy subject. I completely agree that it covers aspects of all those subjects. Psychology is offered as an Arts degree as well as a Science degree which shows that it covers arts aspects an well as science aspects.

Have we sorted anything out about a symbol? I think they're all great and if you want me to set up a poll i will do so. If anyone knows how we go about getting one, let me know and i will organise it.

I will be trying to come into the thread and post more from now on but thanks to sub-leader hanzing.

I hope everyones exams are/have gone ok? Is anyone of to university to study psychology next year, if so where?

Finally, i am reading a very good psychology book at the moment called 'Opening Skinner's Box' by Lauren Slater. It is about 10 of the greatest psychological studies of the 20th century. It explains studies like milgram in much more detail and i think it would be useful if you want more depth or understanding for AS, A Level or Degree level Psychology. Its quite difficult to get (or i found it so) but its worth having if you're interested in Psych.

Thats all for now guys, hope all is going well psychology wise for you all.

Helloo! Glad to see you back.. This soc thing came in a couple months ago so we picked a symbol, and I set it up I shall add you onto the Soc leader thing now
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    i need to make sure i know this cognitve part of learnin styles, so i'm going to write it out from memory...

A schema is a framework of information which is stored, used, and built upon, to construct an reasonable interpretation of things the person may not have been subjected to.

Piaget looked at how childrens schemas and abiliy to process information develop over a period of 12 or more years. He suggsts 4 main stages to infomation processing levels - Sensory motor stage which occurs first, where the interpretations of young children is based on their senses and movement, Pre-Operational, Concrete Operatonal, and formal operational [i cant explain these lol]. Therefore piaget suggests that knowledge acquistion is not solely due to quanitative factors (the amount of information they receive), but develop dependant on the types (and devlopment) of specific cognitive operations.

Vygostky (sp?) looks at the social interactions with students and teachers, and emphasises the importance of teachers (and environment) when students are developing their own schemas. His idea of 'zone of proximital development' refers to the students actual and potential learning level, and suggests that collaboration between teachers is the way to bridge the gap. The teacher must identify the individuals ZPD and focus their efforts of improving their development. He also sggests that existing schemas should be challenged, ensuring that knowledge aqcuired is stored, and also to develop the individual's interpretations of the information. This must not be instructional, rather active challenges.

Ausubel - heirarchial representations of knowledge, general concepts providing a foundation for moe specific sub concepts wich may branch out from the generalised concepts. Ausubel suggests that subsumption (learning) can only occur when added on to existing schemas. he also points out the importance of dfferentiating between new and previous concepts, an idea known as dissasociative (sp?) subsumption. Zero dissasociatibility refers to when information cannot be interpreted within exsiting shemas.

Advance organisers - information presented prior to lessons being taken, to draw on gneral schemas, but also to prepare the student for the intoduction of more specific schemas.

Bruner - Discovery Learning, which empasises the importance of students discovering information,and adding their own interpretations to existing schemas. [thats all i cn recall ]

time count: 12mins

hopefully that will come up on tuesday and i'll get full marks

and yes i've been using peacey's site alot, hence the similarities
    goodluck darling :hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.