Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    Hello anyone...sorry haven't posted recently, have been very busy. Its good to see that the thread is still alive and that we have new members (i have added you all to the list).

Thank you to doomadgee who pointed out that Psychology is not an easy subject. I completely agree that it covers aspects of all those subjects. Psychology is offered as an Arts degree as well as a Science degree which shows that it covers arts aspects an well as science aspects.

Have we sorted anything out about a symbol? I think they're all great and if you want me to set up a poll i will do so. If anyone knows how we go about getting one, let me know and i will organise it.

I will be trying to come into the thread and post more from now on but thanks to sub-leader hanzing.

I hope everyones exams are/have gone ok? Is anyone of to university to study psychology next year, if so where?

Finally, i am reading a very good psychology book at the moment called 'Opening Skinner's Box' by Lauren Slater. It is about 10 of the greatest psychological studies of the 20th century. It explains studies like milgram in much more detail and i think it would be useful if you want more depth or understanding for AS, A Level or Degree level Psychology. Its quite difficult to get (or i found it so) but its worth having if you're interested in Psych.

Thats all for now guys, hope all is going well psychology wise for you all.
    i heard about the book,it's supposed to be good,but broke at the mo so will wait till later.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone finished exams yet?
    Finished mine on Wednesday... .only think I passed one of them they were SO evil!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    mine end on the 26th

ReputationRep:
    Im all done! But a bit bored now..

ReputationRep:
    god, i'm screwed... know hardly any of the health psychology stuff..

I know the Education one almost inside out and could get an A i reckon... but the health, i'm looking at a C/D

hopefully the coursework mark will help out
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    aww goodluck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    god, i'm screwed... know hardly any of the health psychology stuff..

I know the Education one almost inside out and could get an A i reckon... but the health, i'm looking at a C/D

hopefully the coursework mark will help out
    Dont worry, Im sure you will be fine! Im not so great on Health Psych either but I managed to bluff my way through an essay.. Ah TPB.

ReputationRep:
    uh oh... :rofl:

My min went blank in there... i wrote down some key ideas, but couldn't name a single psychologiston them

Education:

2. Assessment - i kinda started talking about perspectives as well here... and SEN and giftedness... should be ok...

3. Performance and layout - first part wanted a description of one study, i got te study down almost perfectly (teacher centred/collaborative - and quantitative/qualitative differences) but no dudes name

Health, i named about 1 psychologist total in this paper - but got mos of the the ideas down ok..

1. Stress

3. Pain

the funniest question was 3c.

3 c. You and your freind are staying in a holiday cottage but have been snowed in. Your friend has a very painful toothache but cant visit the dentist for a few days now. Using your knowledge of psychology, how would you go about helping your friend manage the pain? [or something similar]

I put down drinking alcohol :eek: and some descriptions

- how it reduces pain.. physiologically sound description
    - how it acts as a relaxant, thus makin your friend fall asleep and forget about the pain for a while
    - how it acts as a distractor to the pain
    -how drinking with a hangover can continue this cycle
    plus a lil 'joke' at the end :rolleyes:

'It is important to note, however, that your friend may need rehabilitation at the end of this trip - but keeping in mind the 90% chance of relapse...'

ReputationRep:
    Thats an evil question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Thats an evil question!
    3c.?!

i got to write about getting drunk

ReputationRep:
    Heh.. Well small mercies I suppose huh.

ReputationRep:
    hello people.

Right...i think i've added everyone who has asked to be added, if i've forgot anyone just let me know and i will get round to doing it!

ReputationRep:
    How do i get the little psych society symbol like every one else has?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, i have 'thread starter' under my name...how very exciting!

ReputationRep:
    Heh Boho if you go to Societies list under Socs and Request to Join.

ReputationRep:
    wow, i am so freaked out right now...

last nite i had a lucid dream :eek:

and the weirdest thing was in the dream i picked up a cassette from a rack in a shop and the band name was "Hanzing" :rofl: - and then i said to myself, "wait a sec, im dreaming! - then i did loads of random stuff

Well anyway,

1. Thanks hanzing :p:

2. How exactally does that happen, anyone know...?

ß

ReputationRep:
    Hah, Random! I think its that be having signals like that then we suddenyl are aware that we are dreaming, asnd can control it somehow.. On another note..

I Passed My First Year!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well done Hanzing really pleased for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Hah, Random! I think its that be having signals like that then we suddenyl are aware that we are dreaming, asnd can control it somehow.. On another note..

I Passed My First Year!!
    Me too!! Yey congrats! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Congratulations Hannah & Rae on passing your first year!

:party:

Knew you could do it

I get my final degree classification on Tuesday....:afraid:

Will let you know how it goes! Am so scared!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.