Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    Me too!! Yey congrats! :hugs:

Wooo Congrats Sweetie! And Good Luck Gem, I really hope you get what you want

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys :hugs:
    Goooood luck Gem, fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know...

I GOT A 2:1!

I am sooooo happy! Can't quite believe I did it!

:party:

ReputationRep:
    wooooooooo :party:

way to go girls!

Hanzing :hugs: - good luck for the next two years! hopefully i'll be saying the exact same thing next year and you'll be psychoanalysing freud or something

Gem :hugs: - way to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Just to let you know...

I GOT A 2:1!

I am sooooo happy! Can't quite believe I did it!

Congrats Girl!!!! Wel Dpne,. Thats Fabulous you totally deserve it.

Woooooooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee go Gem!! Congrats huni, I knew you could do it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    hey, id like to become a member please.
    iv always had a fascination for psychology ever since i started my A level in it and although I'm doing business studies as a degree i still sometimes wish i had done psychology.
    Id be interesting to see what debates and topics arise in this forum, so i can reminisce the days of psych....

crampy

ReputationRep:
    ahh we havent had a good psychological discussion in a while now

uni must really drain peoples interest in debating :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    When you're doing all the science crap that we do you can't debate it... they have lots of proof and stuff It's not like Freud and Piaget and stuff. :bawling:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yay on your results Gem :party:

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd just express my love for this subject. It is the best thing since sliced bread.

Freud is cool.

I've decided:
    I'm a behaviourist... and in some light, humanist...

And to a small degree I go along with psychodynamics (for dreams mainly)

But behaviourist mainly...

All hail psychology

ReputationRep:
    Im going to study psychology at university this year. I want to be a sports psychologist. Does any1 know how i become one of those?

ReputationRep:
    Room for a little one?

As I am going to be a full-time Psych student in two months, I would very much like to join!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welshdude)
    Im going to study psychology at university this year. I want to be a sports psychologist. Does any1 know how i become one of those?
    http://www.bps.org.uk/careers/areas/sport.cfm

ReputationRep:
    ^^ You want to be a Sports Psychologist but you don't know how to qualify?? More research dude. Seriously, do more research:

How do I become a Sport and Exercise psychologist?

• You must first gain the Graduate Basis for Registration (GBR).
    • You would then complete a period of training of not less than 3 years' full time. This period of training must include an accredited postgraduate qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology. It is envisaged that accredited courses will be available from the 2006 cohort.
    • Alternately, you must have completed at least 5 years full time (or part time equivalent) of successful service delivery involving the practice of Sport and/or Exercise psychology, in addition to gaining GBR. This will include consultancies, research and teaching in sport/exercise psychology, and may include time spent on a relevant postgraduate course. This 'grandparenting' route is open to experienced practitioners for a limited period whilst accredited courses are established.
    EDIT: Gah, must have just posted after Sazarina!

ReputationRep:
    roll on uni!!

maths and psychology combined :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychologyJen)
    ^^ You want to be a Sports Psychologist but you don't know how to qualify?? More research dude. Seriously, do more research:

EDIT: Gah, must have just posted after Sazarina!

ReputationRep:
    Hypothesis:

Sex is a cure for psychological illnesses (Depression, Anorexia) etc

This is context dependant sex
    And
    Sex based over a long period of time

Agree? Disagree? Either way I'd like to see it tested extensively...

Ha, like anyone's gonna do that? I might have a crack at it one day though

:p: Enjoy

ReputationRep:
    Argh I'm stuck on from the following two ideas on what to do for my final year dissertation. Lol, my supervisor is going to get angry I'm changing it AGAIN, but ah well. :rolleyes: Bear in mind I want to go into clinical psychology, so which research idea should I conduct and do my project on?

1) Schizotypy and the dissociation link, related to anxiety in undergraduate students.

or

2) Schizotypy and the dissociation link, related to sleep disturbances in undergraduate students.

There is some recent evidence to claim that schizotypy is very much linked to dissociative experiences (i.e. students show some schizophrenia symptoms and also show to have had abnormal expereinces). Therefore the link between both is robust. However there is very little or no evidence to say that the origin of this link comes from students with anxiety or students with sleep problems. Soooooo which one should I do?
    p.s. no one steals my idea :mad: ok :p: I wanna be famous for conducting new research :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Could you not combine it BA?

Like give p's a personaliy questionnaire which examines the schizotypy elements of personality (for example the Multidimensional Schizotypal Traits for Young Adolescents or MSTQ, by...Rawlings & McFarline, 1994 I *think* or maybe a slightly modified version for young adults) then give p's the sleep disorders inventory (who I can't for the life of my remember created it ) then also give them an anxiety scale, such as the one by Beck, then see if you get any correlations between them?

I'm assuming you're planning on giving p's questionnaires or are you using a different method? If you're using questionnaires, they won't mind doing an extra one, it'll only take 5 minutes more and you might find an interesting link. That said if you don't, then you don't need to comment much on it in your dissertation, just state that you gave them an extra questionnaire but not significant results were gained.

Sounds like a good project though :yy:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.