Turn on thread page Beta

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc) watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well that's entirely dependant on you,how fast you can learn it all and if you're really determined to learn it all in time for exams.like i said,get a textbook or even before that,look through the syllabus (course outline) online and judge it for yourself.if you know that your other subjects could slow you down/you'd get lazy or bored/not put in enough effort/whatever,then i would probably say that you should leave it till after your gcses.

ReputationRep:
    I'm already trying to fit in extra language and ICT GCSEs (ones offered at school though rather than ones I arranged myself) so maybe I'll just wait til A level. I'll have a look at the course tomorrow though and decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarBlueUK)
    Good society. Besides, I think that people who don't study Psychology shouldn't criticise it until they've tried it. I find it easy because of the way the course is structured and because it is a very interesting topic, but I know some people who find it hard. Especially the stuff that's based on the biological/medical approach. It's also pretty useful, I think. :-)

i find the biological approach really hard...like with stress...couldnt work all that stuff out..lol..and the same with sleep atm..lol

but hey..im not that clever

buts its defo..not a micky mouse subject

ReputationRep:
    heya, what page is this society on the society list? I would like to join but couldn't find where I had to apply.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you have to search sorry,new societies keep getting added all the time so the position changes.

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for psychology in the coming months. Can i join please?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    of course you can

ReputationRep:
    my first lesson of psychology tomorrow ever... im in year 12 atm. Any tips to help me through the year? thankyou x

ReputationRep:
    ooh and could i join? :s
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    yeh of course. everyone can join.
    no tips really,if you like/love the subject then it'll be easy

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, I had my first lesson 2day... FANTASTIC cant wait till tomorrow morning... i have it again... 4 times a week cant get wat i need.. want more

ReputationRep:
    Why do they consider it a mickey degree?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea cos it is most certainly not!!

ReputationRep:
    hi
    am doing psychology AS and was wondering if any one could help me plz. i am making a questionnaire to ask the students at my college. however i need an aim, it has to be simple. at the moment my aim is to find out who gets more sleep females or males? but its a really boring aim!!! i would appreciate if anyone has any ideas of an aim i could use. thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm a Psychology teacher and AQA examiner and would love to share resources and advice with everyone on here, so can I join the society please? By the way, I agree with you, psychology is NOT a mickey mouse subject and anyone who says it is should have his/her head examined (pardon the pun)!

Thanks

Ice Mario
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    hi there. would be good to have some expert advice, so welcome

ps: just to say everyone's join requests have been processed,so welcome to the society! if you need any help, don't be afraid to post them here or send a pm. I know this place is a bit quiet right now,so if you post stuff,it'll come back to life! We even have a teacher who can help and has more experience that those of us at uni so i'm sure he'll assist you if you ask nicely.

ReputationRep:
    What subjects do you need to become a psychologist/therapist?
    Just A/A2 psychology will get you in uni? Or do you need more subjects such as bio or maths?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    if you have an art/science background, it'll get you into uni for psychology. you don't need any subjects apart from maths and english at gsce, you'll be accepted with any subject as long as you meet the uni's requirement. although it is easier if you've got as/alevels in maths and/or biology, because there is a fair bit of statistics and biology involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    if you have an art/science background, it'll get you into uni for psychology. you don't need any subjects apart from maths and english at gsce, you'll be accepted with any subject as long as you meet the uni's requirement. although it is easier if you've got as/alevels in maths and/or biology, because there is a fair bit of statistics and biology involved.
    Let's say I wish to study psy at Uni. What jobs could you get with psychology except being a psychologist offcourse.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    any job. you could go into retail management, be a psychology teacher (but you'd need to do a pgse (or i think pgce) which would qualify you to teach), you could go into research, HR management, consultancy, sports therapist/industrial therapist/occupational therpaist, clinical psychologist, counsellor/therapy (with the right training), cognitive psychologist, etc etc. there are loads of things you could become with psychology, you just have to be able to adapt it to your chosen profession and then get the remaining credentials for it so it'd be a masters/post grad/whatever it is you need.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 23, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.