Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which one did you choose Trampa?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i'm doing a BSc.

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between BSC and BA in the future? I mean what kind of jobs can you get from those degrees? Because becoming a basic Psychologist is my passion .
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    nothing. as long as the course is accredited by the BPS, when you graduate you're recognised as having a psychology degree and thus you are a psychologist. there's no such thing as a basic psychologist though. if you check the BPS website (and you really should), it'll have better answers to your questions.

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks Trampa, that really helped me . My A-lvl subjects will be (hopeful): Economics, Psychology, Philosophy, Computing/ICT next year. I was wondering if those subjects blend together well enough for Uni's.

ReputationRep:
    I think there will be no significant difference between a BSc and a BA once you graduate. Perhaps the two different degree titles exist to accommodate the type of A Levels we did and the content of course we want.

I was wondering though if BA's get more essay-type homeworks than BSc's. Hmmm
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    your subjects are fine Sephriona, you don't have to have studied psychology before to apply for the course. that goes for you too Matinee. the course content is different for a BA than a BSc, because the latter is more science orientated. so if you want science, you do a bsc, if you want more feelings stuff you do a ba.

ReputationRep:
    Got my third conditional offer for psychology today wooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Got my third conditional offer for psychology today wooo!
    Oh well done! I'm soo happy for you. And for which uni is this?

ReputationRep:
    UWE Bristol and Northumbria..was over in Newcastle seeing the city and Northumbria Uni..absolutely loved it so hopefully Ill end up there

Have you applied for anywhere?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    congrats

ReputationRep:
    Thankyouuu

ReputationRep:
    I have recently become part of this society, but it doesnt look as if its in use much anymore, is this the only psychology society on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    It looks like it, but if you look carefully at the date of the last message on here before yours (5th November), you'll see that the society is still very much alive and kicking! Also, don't forget that many people on here are probably doing Psychology/other courses (like me) when they're not on here, so might not always have the time to post messages.

Is that right fellow members?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    indeed. we do have lives that need to be led. we don't spend most of our time online. if anyone's got any questions or suggestions or anything like feel free to post here and we'll all have a look and say

ReputationRep:
    I'm still doing GCSEs so I have more free time to post on TSR. I just wondered whether it was still in use as some societies on here seem to be posted in everyday where as others aren't in use as much. I suppose it all depends on the number of members.

ReputationRep:
    I know that's what you meant! :-D I was trying to reassure you! :-) I think you're right, it probably does depend on the number of members and on other things, like I said. Anyway, welcome to the Psychology society! I'm a Psychology teacher and examiner, so feel free to post or PM me on here if you need any help! The same goes for anyone else on here and reading this post. In fact, you'd all be doing me a favour if you did, as I'm not teaching A-Level this year and need to 'keep my hand in'.

Take care!

Ice Mario

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to take psychology next year at a level. I'm looking forward to it, so it probably wont be until next year if I need any help. Its good to know your there for help though. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    This society is dead!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    we're busy! we can't be posting here all the time :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 23, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.