UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc) Watch

ElectricOceans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I understand your busy and don't always have time to post here but there is always members on TSR that could post here and don't!
Other societies are in use everyday whereas this one is hardly ever in use.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well the only people that really use the psychology forum are psychology students wanting a quick answer/help to their coursework then bugger off! quite sad really
what would you suggest?
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have only recently joined the society so I'm not aware of what is discussed here, I thought there would be discussion on general psychology but I understand the majority of people who use the forums are psychology students and don't have the time to post on here. Its just a shame to see a society to go astray where others have active posts.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well anything goes really here as long as it's psychology related. but yes the majority of people who use this section of the forum just ask about their coursework and never post again really. they're all users and abusers :p:

how do you think we can get fresh blood in? and make this place more lively?
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think the best way to get new members in would be to post a thread suggesting it to gcse, a level or university students taking or interested in psychology, and perhaps there could be a discussion topic every week or so that gets discussed here. I think more people would start to post in here more if there was more active members.

Hopefully that was helpful.
*Ariel*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive clikd join this society but nothings happened?
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The society doesn't seem to be an active one but its worth joining.
*Ariel*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oki i wish it was more active, is any1 studying psyxhology at uni atm? n wat r plans 4 future with the degree? xx
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm at uni doing psychology. Not sure what I want, but would love to do counselling and/or psychotherapy at some point. Have you got any ideas about what you'd like?
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ps I've approved the latest join requests for the soc and I do apologise for the delay. feel free to post/comment without joining and I'll process them when i can
*Ariel*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
I'm at uni doing psychology. Not sure what I want, but would love to do counselling and/or psychotherapy at some point. Have you got any ideas about what you'd like?

wats it like at uni? ive herd thers tons of essays and experiments?

i think wen i get bak i myt do this councelling course its a year long, then get sum work experience n mayb apply 4 a docurate in clinical psychology later on, knowing me il change my mind once ive got 2 uni
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by *Ariel*)
oki i wish it was more active, is any1 studying psyxhology at uni atm? n wat r plans 4 future with the degree? xx

And you are going to university with grammar like that?
*Ariel*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i always talk slang on here its quicker n wen i type 2 fast my letters get jubbled up ok? i obv dnt write like this in essays etc so stop being a boffin
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by *Ariel*)
wats it like at uni? ive herd thers tons of essays and experiments?

i think wen i get bak i myt do this councelling course its a year long, then get sum work experience n mayb apply 4 a docurate in clinical psychology later on, knowing me il change my mind once ive got 2 uni
Uni's alright, the course is good too but I'm not really a fan of cognitive psychology.Obviously unis are different so the course load is different -
1st year: 1 lab/fortnight, and 1 2000 - 3000 word essay per module, multiple choice exam.
2nd year: 1 lab project/month, no essays, 3hr exam with 2 essays
3rd year: lab projects and exams.

Do you mind not writing the way you do? it's against tsr and it hurts and it can be annoying. You really don't want the admissions tutor to google you and find that, plus the more you do it, the more you'll find yourself writing stuff like 'lol' in your essays.
*Ariel*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ok thats fine, trust me with the millions of essays i have to write i never use 'lol' or anything, didnt realise we had to write normal ah well, sorry about that,

and that doesnt sound too bad, 1 essay for each module should be fine, and multiple choice exams are easy, my a level exams consist of just pure essays so ill be ok

the course i want to do focuses on lots of different areas then you can pick an area you want to focus on the most the last year, is that the same with yours? im going to focus on clinical and health

x
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yes you can pick areas that you can narrow down your attention to.
Erotic.Nightmares
Report 11 years ago
can i join please.?
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
of course
Pink Moon
Report 11 years ago
Which uni are you at? Why don't you like the cognitive stuff? most interesting for me! x
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't know. Perception, how we read or understand words or see etc doesn't just do it for me. I'm more interested in social and biological psychology I'm at nottingham.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (582)
80.17%
Leave (144)
19.83%

Watched Threads