Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_louise)
    Have any of you watched the psychology/neuroscience lectures on http://www.ted.com? Some of them are fascinating.
    Nope, but I have downloaded a few from iTunes Ed., the MIT Intro to Psych ones are fascinating

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to join!
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all. Hopefully going to be studying BSc Psychology at the University of Hull, pending what happens on Thursday

But yeah I'd like to join the society

Thanks.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by waterinabottle)
    (Original post by researchcat)
    (Original post by kiwigirl)
    (Original post by doodle123)
    (Original post by Ideot)
    (Original post by ([s)
    superstef[/s])] .
    (Original post by catiecashman)
    (Original post by Pearlz)
    (Original post by claudettecolbert)
    (Original post by swiftjt)
    (Original post by Scarlett Harlott)
    (Original post by blusher)
    (Original post by Mudya)
    (Original post by Lum45)
    (Original post by Minty Fresh)
    (Original post by Kevin Craigie)
    (Original post by Ezz)
    (Original post by justxjosh)
    (Original post by DemisC)
    (Original post by PsyChris)
    (Original post by sugarfairy02)
    (Original post by *RedRose*)
    (Original post by mathew551)
    (Original post by mdsilva23)
    (Original post by angels touch)
    (Original post by AbbieDayy)
    (Original post by [)@R|< $i|_e|\|cE)
    (Original post by Mootheevilboffin)
    (Original post by ourkizuna)

Welcome to all the newest members. I hope some of you keep the thread alive

ReputationRep:
    Starting uni on the 4th! Will be posting more frequently then!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! Just giving a quick intro. I'm Kris. I'm studying Psychology this year at University of Nottingham after taking a gap year. Quite interested in becoming a psychologist later in life but it's not definite. However, I'm really looking forward to my degree. I'm a cognitive-behaviourist right now but I'm still swaying left and right from that as I learn more and go more indepth into the other aspects. There's not much to really say about me other than that but hi!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hey everyone! Just giving a quick intro. I'm Kris. I'm studying Psychology this year at University of Nottingham after taking a gap year. Quite interested in becoming a psychologist later in life but it's not definite. However, I'm really looking forward to my degree. I'm a cognitive-behaviourist right now but I'm still swaying left and right from that as I learn more and go more indepth into the other aspects. There's not much to really say about me other than that but hi!
    You'll love Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    You'll love Nottingham
    Woo! Hopefully! Apparently I only have a 7 hour timetable though?! Not sure if that's right, haha. But if it is then I guess it's a lot of self-study work to do then!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Woo! Hopefully! Apparently I only have a 7 hour timetable though?! Not sure if that's right, haha. But if it is then I guess it's a lot of self-study work to do then!
    First year is pretty lax yes, but I would urge you to take it very seriously and do as much work as you can. It really does form a foundation for the remaining years.

ReputationRep:
    First year is pretty lax yes, but I would urge you to take it very seriously and do as much work as you can. It really does form a foundation for the remaining years.
    Haha, yeah I heard you have to do a research a week or something Well my old psychology teacher said that one. Dunno what year he was talking about though and not sure if he meant literally one a week but yeh! Sounds like a lot of work.

But okay, I shall try (:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Haha, yeah I heard you have to do a research a week or something Well my old psychology teacher said that one. Dunno what year he was talking about though and not sure if he meant literally one a week but yeh! Sounds like a lot of work.

But okay, I shall try (:
    You have to do an essay for each module in first year. I believe it's still the same (it's been a while) and if it is, then it's an essay every couple weeks or something. By all means have fun, but take it very seriously also.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Im studying psychology at Royal Holloway in about two weeks time :woo:

I'm sure there'll be many future posts with confusing questions when my course has started :p:

Oh and how much is it for an undergraduate person to renenew a BPS membership?

ReputationRep:
    You have to do an essay for each module in first year. I believe it's still the same (it's been a while) and if it is, then it's an essay every couple weeks or something. By all means have fun, but take it very seriously also.
    Ah, okay, thanks. That sounds doable (: And okay, will do. I'll try and juggle both of those. Not sure how well I'll manage :P But I can try xD
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ah, okay, thanks. That sounds doable (: And okay, will do. I'll try and juggle both of those. Not sure how well I'll manage :P But I can try xD
    Between your subsids and the essays, you'll still end up with loads of free time don't worry. Devote some time to studying and doing a bit of extra research and blow the rest on having fun and extra-curricular. Wish I'd done that.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Minty Fresh)
    Hey

Im studying psychology at Royal Holloway in about two weeks time

I'm sure there'll be many future posts with confusing questions when my course has started

Oh and how much is it for an undergraduate person to renenew a BPS membership?
    Check the BPS website.

ReputationRep:
    Between your subsids and the essays, you'll still end up with loads of free time don't worry. Devote some time to studying and doing a bit of extra research and blow the rest on having fun and extra-curricular. Wish I'd done that.
    Hahah alright, sounds good. Thanks for the advice! I just need to figure which extra-curricular stuff I want to take now :P There are way too many sports clubs and societies for me to pick! haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm going to read more threads, get a feel for the soc and to participate over the coming months... years... Anyway, I'm Dem and in 2 weeks will be going to Oxford Brookes to study Psychology *gasp!*

I'm a kleinian/young-ist (personality dev) and work as a consultant for service user improvement in forensic and voluntary settings - being a mature student going to uni, I hope to learn not only from my study but thru interaction and of course via the knowledge here

Peace.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How are all the psychology freshers getting on? Have you started yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I was just wondering which of these university would be best to study a degree in Psychology Bsc; Lancaster, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, York or Uclan?
    I have at AS four B's and a C in which I have dropped the C subject and resiting some exams to bring them up to A's (Uclan is my 'fall back') and need AAB really for all of them but BBC for Uclan.
    It would be better if you study psychology in one of these universities, I'd prefer a personal experience kind of reply.
    Katie x

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.