The Student Room Group

Time To Choose

Kk
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by willevansjones
Its now coming up to the time where I need to have an idea about what I want to take for my A levels. At the moment the idea of nursing is really appealing to me, however I'm prone to changing my mind frequently so I'd like to keep my options for the future open. I sat a lot of my GCSE's early and got A/A*'s so I have all the options for A level open. Right now I'm thinking of taking Biology, Chemistry, Religious Studies and Business Studies. I love Biology and RE so I don't think I'd change them but the other two aren't set in stone. I'd like to hear your different views on these or suggestions. Thanks for reading this anyway.

Biology and chemistry are both facilitating subjects and respected by unis, the other 2 are not. If your looking at a science degree or poss nursing you would need 2 science based subjects so i would suggest you do chem and biol. If you are really set on religion fine as it learns you to do lots of essays but i would defo change bussiness to something more respected.
Its now coming up to the time where I need to have an idea about what I want to take for my A levels. At the moment the idea of nursing is really appealing to me, however I'm prone to changing my mind frequently so I'd like to keep my options for the future open. I sat a lot of my GCSE's early and got A/A*'s so I have all the options for A level open. Right now I'm thinking of taking Biology, Chemistry, Religious Studies and Business Studies. I love Biology and RE so I don't think I'd change them but the other two aren't set in stone. I'd like to hear your different views on these or suggestions. Thanks for reading this anyway.

Biology and chemistry are must haves. Good choices. And well done on your grades! I actually think RS is a great choice for nursing (shows you're ethical). If I were you, to keep your options open I would consider Economics, English literature or a foreign language in place of business studies. Good luck. :smile:
completely agree with the other comments. Any ideas what you want to do in uni? If so have a look at entry requirements
Original post by mjrd
Biology and chemistry are both facilitating subjects and respected by unis, the other 2 are not. If your looking at a science degree or poss nursing you would need 2 science based subjects so i would suggest you do chem and biol. If you are really set on religion fine as it learns you to do lots of essays but i would defo change bussiness to something more respected.

You dont need 2 science subjects for nursing, in nearly all the universities that offer they will ask for one at the most:smile:

I didn't get the grades first time round, however i did biology,chemistry and business and got considered for nursing with those subjects so you can do business if you like:smile: (take a look at this, its a list of the entry requirements for all the nursing degrees in the uk http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/List_of_nursing_degrees_and_their_entry_requirements) I think they are pretty solid choices and even if you do change your mind then you ll have other options open to you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Psychology instead of Business Studies?
Original post by kiera28
Biology and chemistry are must haves. Good choices. And well done on your grades! I actually think RS is a great choice for nursing (shows you're ethical). If I were you, to keep your options open I would consider Economics, English literature or a foreign language in place of business studies. Good luck. :smile:

I was thinking that, regarding the ethical side of RS that's also why I love it so much! Thank you aswell :smile:

Original post by claireestelle
You dont need 2 science subjects for nursing, in nearly all the universities that offer they will ask for one at the most:smile:

I didn't get the grades first time round, however i did biology,chemistry and business and got considered for nursing with those subjects so you can do business if you like:smile: (take a look at this, its a list of the entry requirements for all the nursing degrees in the uk http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/List_of_nursing_degrees_and_their_entry_requirements) I think they are pretty solid choices and even if you do change your mind then you ll have other options open to you.

Thank you for telling me I wasn't really 100% sure what I needed to have for the course! Also glad to hear someone else who had similar choices to me managed it and the keeping of doors open is a major thought of mine:biggrin:
Original post by emiloujess
Psychology instead of Business Studies?

I really wanted to do Psychology but my school donest offer it as an option anymore:frown:

Thank you to everyone for replying so quickly :smile:

Thank you for telling me I wasn't really 100% sure what I needed to have for the course! Also glad to hear someone else who had similar choices to me managed it and the keeping of doors open is a major thought of mine:biggrin:

Thank you to everyone for replying so quickly :smile:

No problem:smile: best of luck with your a levels:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest